[BBC News] Cash lump sum for bereaved carers

Newsbot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow how wonderful!

It will be on top of the current carer's allowance of £50 per week, which continues eight weeks after the cared for person's death.

For some reason, the article neglects/forgets to mention that the £50 is conditional on providng AT LEAST 35 hours a week of care. That equates to £1.42 an hour.

I'm surprised that everyones not rushing to do the job.

Top dollar!

I don't have an exact figure, perhaps someone who does might care to enlighten the forum as to what the hourly rate is to employ a carer privately. I'd guess it's slightly more than £1.42 an hour.

A cleaner is £16.50 per hour, so a nurse/carer could be expected to far exceed that.

No the rip off contract company get around that. The actual cleaner is lucky to clear £6-£8.

why would u say thats a rip off

A cleaner is £16.50 per hour, so a nurse/carer could be expected to far exceed that.

No the rip off contract company get around that. The actual cleaner is lucky to clear £6-£8.

the companies share should be smaller than the cleaners cut

the companies share should be smaller than the cleaners cut

but why,

the company has to buy all the machines items that have to be used, thay have to pay all the insurances,

pay for all the vans that are used, and still make a profit,

thay may be getting £17 ph and after thay pay there staff, insurances, costs, thay be lucky to be makeing £4ph profit

which aint a lot really,

when i have staff working for me, im makeing between £2-£8 ph profit on them depending what job,

does that mean i should be paying staff more,

i dont think so, thats business, if your staff are happy with what thay get(yes we never happy and we allways want more but to a certin point) and the customer is happy, and you makeing a profit then imo your running a gd business

thay may be getting £17 ph and after thay pay there staff, insurances, costs, thay be lucky to be makeing £4ph profit

which aint a lot really,

I'd have the worlds filthiest offices before I even considered paying a contract firm £17 an hour to clean it. I don't care what their cost overheads are - £17 an hour to send some eastern euro with a damp flannel around a bank when nurses and other skilled workers are getting half is a travesty.

I don't buy that profit of £4 bollocks. I'm sorry but I don't. Its a total piss take.

which aint a lot really,

I'd have the worlds filthiest offices before I even considered paying a contract firm £17 an hour to clean it. I don't care what their cost overheads are - £17 an hour to send some eastern euro with a damp flannel around a bank when nurses and other skilled workers are getting half is a travesty.

I don't buy that profit of £4 bollocks. I'm sorry but I don't. Its a total piss take.

That is not an office cleaning rate, that is the rate for domestic cleaning.

what ever the profit margins are,

if ppl pay it, and work for them prices then thay must be doing something right,

think how much a garage makes per hour, that be more than a nurse doctor gets, to be honest i thinkmost ppl prob get more then them, but such is life,

dont full time cares get paid by the goverment apart from the £50 a week, what that is i dont know, but i think thay do, dowt it be much mind you

Archived