[BBC News] New transgender laws considered

Newsbot

No problem with it (although I still think an 'amended,' rather than a 'new' birth certificate should be required - one that shows the original gender as well as, rather than instead of, the present one.

The section that might get a few posters going, however, is...

2.6. As the UK’s ratification of the European Convention extends to the Isle of Man and, for the purposes of the Convention, the Island is considered to be part of the UK “State Party” the same obligations to secure the Convention rights and to comply with judgements of the European Court apply to the Isle of Man.

I hope that nobody for one minute is going to imply that Mrs Crowe will be affected by this because that would be totaly wrong. :whistling:

I think you're confusing operations there - post-op lobotomised has nothing to do with gender.

I think she'll be gone soon anyway - they released the names for the new 'Gladiators' series a few days ago an I noticed 'Battleaxe' was one of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertai...000/7340224.stm

What is it about Tony Brown?

The judgement of the European Court of Human Rights means that the Isle of Man is under an international legal obligation to change its law to recognise transsexual people in their new gender.

Even when he is doing the right thing, he contrives to come across badly.

What is it about Tony Brown?

The judgement of the European Court of Human Rights means that the Isle of Man is under an international legal obligation to change its law to recognise transsexual people in their new gender.

Even when he is doing the right thing, he contrives to come across badly.

Nicely put Declan.

Seems a bit iffy to say IoM is under 'an international legal obligation' to do this - that to my mind would imply that IoM was a party to a treaty which committed to do this, rather than included in a treaty by the UK 'on behalf of' IoM. At a guess I'd suppose the ECHR judgement applies to Member States who are party to the treaty, and IoM probably wasn't mentioned.

I have no problem with "transgender" people having all of their rights recognised under any legislation and/or laws. However, I am very worried about the apparent ability to change birth certificate details.

Worst case scenario, pubbing/clubbing, few bevvies, chat ups etc. Back to my/her/his place !....

Imagine, after j*****g your porridge up some f*****s a***-h***, they can then turn round and tell you, "oh by the way, last year, I was called Brian" !!.

Now, surely, that infringes my Human Rights ?

I have no problem with "transgender" people having all of their rights recognised under any legislation and/or laws. However, I am very worried about the apparent ability to change birth certificate details.

Worst case scenario, pubbing/clubbing, few bevvies, chat ups etc. Back to my/her/his place !....

Imagine, after j*****g your porridge up some f*****s a***-h***, they can then turn round and tell you, "oh by the way, last year, I was called Brian" !!.

Do you normally check birth certificates in the taxi home?

If they've had the full works why would you need to use the

a***-h***,

unless you wanted to?

Only if it would have made a difference.

Archived