Building Firms Fixing Prices In The Uk

Cossack

it is not applicable over here. everybody puts in an over inflated price and the most expensive gets the job with a promise of being allowed to keep asking for more till the job is finished and doesn't work right.

WHAT! You mean someone here on the island could be doing such things as price fixing, defending monopolys, ripping people off with over inflated prices, spending countless thousands on useless consultants whos ideas are based back in the 80's, taking part in underhand dealings, using wealth and position to revoke parking fines, using bribes to obtain contracts and general unfair trading. NEVER I say. How could you even think such a thing could happen here. :whistling:

Not on the Isle of Man. :unsure:

It's no secret. It was on the Energy FM news at 6 tonight.

One of the firms contracted to do work at Ronaldsway has been accused of price fixing in the UK.

I think it was the firm doing the runway extension but I may be wrong.

If that is correct - the very least I would expect then would be a full audit.

Not on the Isle of Man. :unsure:

It's no secret. It was on the Energy FM news at 6 tonight.

One of the firms contracted to do work at Ronaldsway has been accused of price fixing in the UK.

I think it was the firm doing the runway extension but I may be wrong.

If that is correct - the very least I would expect then would be a full audit.

I think that can be filed along with "The cheques in the post", "I love you" and "I promise I wont cum in your mouth" :wacko:

Of the one instance where I am aware that this happened on the Isle of Man the Company involved was excluded from all Government Tender lists for a period of one year. Should the Manx Government get into bed with a Company that alegedly carries out such buisness practices as price fixing???.

Balfour Beatty have the contract for the runway they were one of the worst, there is certain companies over in the isle of man who have been price fixing for years.

( Manx Radio )However, Transport Minister David Anderson is happy the tendering process for the airport work was fair, as the other companies which tendered were not part of the so-called cartel:

A non sequitur?

( Manx Radio )However, Transport Minister David Anderson is happy the tendering process for the airport work was fair, as the other companies which tendered were not part of the so-called cartel:

A non sequitur?

read that as the minister knows we are getting shafted up the arse but would rather deny it than admit they were duped cos they know sweet FA.

Archived