[BBC News] Pair held after double stabbing

Newsbot

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'know how when something happens it starts to creep into the subconscious of society that that thing is normal and OK to do? Like when there were no murders for ages, and then all of a sudden loads came along at once? It's like that again. Stabbing is the new black.

I was waiting for my Chinese takeaway a short while ago and two lads came in and started discussing one of their mate's weapon collection. I have a small knowledge of guns and rifles and what they were discussing certainly seemed absolutely plausible. Calibres, automatic facility, source of ammunition, method of operation etc.

I carried on reading the newspaper and my act of a drunk man incapable of understanding or hearing anything.

A few lessons I was taught when I first came here in the 1990s came flooding back:

Murders on the Isle of Man? One every 20 years, if that!!

Heroin on this Island - never, a bit of cannabis being smoked and maybe some speed. There'll never be heroin here !!!

Streets are crime free mate, you're absolutely safe at anytime of day or night !!!!!

You don't need to lock your car here lad! The Island is too small !!!!!!!

We never even lock our front door !!!!!!!!!

It continued ad nauseum. Well, for a couple of years anyway

I was waiting for my Chinese takeaway a short while ago and two lads came in and started discussing one of their mate's weapon collection. I have a small knowledge of guns and rifles and what they were discussing certainly seemed absolutely plausible. Calibres, automatic facility, source of ammunition, method of operation etc.

if thay have a licence then its quite normal, there is a lot of ppl on the island with guns,

i used to have a few but let me licence run out, so sold them, no real need for them now,

but i know a few ppl that have over 10 guns each,

i might well get my licence again as could do with a rifle again

A few lessons I was taught when I first came here in the 1990s came flooding back:

Murders on the Isle of Man? One every 20 years, if that!!

Heroin on this Island - never, a bit of cannabis being smoked and maybe some speed. There'll never be heroin here !!!

Streets are crime free mate, you're absolutely safe at anytime of day or night !!!!!

You don't need to lock your car here lad! The Island is too small !!!!!!!

We never even lock our front door !!!!!!!!!

It continued ad nauseum. Well, for a couple of years anyway

All that proves is your teacher was a cock.

Move along, nothing to see here.............

I was brought up in Pully and there was never any real trouble, and any fighting was fists not knives!!

Problem is there is no fear these days, if you go to court you will probably get a fine, and so what if you go to jail, you dont get long and its cushy anyway!!

Problem is there is no fear these days, if you go to court you will probably get a fine, and so what if you go to jail, you dont get long and its cushy anyway!!

What? Are you suggesting that murders/stabbings/shootings wouldn't happen if jail was a bit tougher? Thats ridiculous. Is that why you don't do them?

What? Are you suggesting that murders/stabbings/shootings wouldn't happen if jail was a bit tougher? Thats ridiculous. Is that why you don't do them?

I think she is suggesting that, and I agree, if these scroats life was made hell in prison they may think twice about thinking using a fist is far superior to debate in solving arguments even if they have the mental capacity of a lobotomised rocking horse............with piles

...by the way its foxie - as in she (tho I wish I was more foxie lol)

...and is that why I dont do what triskelion??? Commit crimes??? No I dont, never done anything to get me in trouble with the law and hopefully never will!

Appologies Foxie I shall flagilate my self for 3 minutes whilst saying 24 hail foxies and edit the original :blush:

Archived