[BBC News] Main road route reopening planned

Newsbot

Wow. That is absolutely fantastic. Amazing.

We have an incredible DOT, and all those working on the schemes... great stuff.

I'm looking forward to vast improvements, on what has been a very worthwhile and crucial investment.

Please let us know now when you next plan to close this road. Don't keep us in suspense much longer...

I'm looking forward to vast improvements, on what has been a very worthwhile and crucial investment.

and I'm looking forward to it re-closing again after TT for more work as several rumours are suggesting.

I was told this by my neighbour - a taxi driver - earlier... Is it closing again after TT?

It's definately on the cards... as I've read the announcement previously. Can't locate it on the web right now, but they have said that after TT, there will be more road closures. It is after all a 6 month scheme!!

2 people report its closure after TT, one a taxi driver, £50 says they close it :) I keep forgetting about it being closed, that is a nuisance.

Maybe we should start a poll to see if people believe it will close again or not. My money is on close again. I can't see how they can get anything but a temporary surface down in time for the TT.

I walked pasy yesterday. It doesn't look anywhere near finished.

You would think that whilst one team built the new roundabout whilst another completed the new road but no, they seem to have left the new road untouched for the last month.

Plus it looks like they are putting those stupid cobblestones like the ones by the Lord St police station on the roundabout. So that is a big chunk of the road unused as people seem to think you cannot drive over them.

Didn't the DoT say they were building a modern road junction. Last I looked cobblestones weren't particularly modern

If the work can be completed within five weeks, the junction will reopen sooner.

But a further road closure on the A18 Bemahague Road at the Nook bend will be necessary after the completion of this year's TT Races, although this will not affect Governor's Bridge roundabout.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Governor39s...lose.3859599.jp

That was reported in March.

Terry, I was there a few days ago, and I know it's early days... but I was finding it very difficult to imagine the "two lanes" of traffic and the ease at driving around the roundabout. It seems pretty big for the space it's in... there just doesn't seem to be a lot of room.

If the work can be completed within five weeks, the junction will reopen sooner.

But a further road closure on the A18 Bemahague Road at the Nook bend will be necessary after the completion of this year's TT Races, although this will not affect Governor's Bridge roundabout.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Governor39s...lose.3859599.jp

That was reported in March.

Terry, I was there a few days ago, and I know it's early days... but I was finding it very difficult to imagine the "two lanes" of traffic and the ease at driving around the roundabout. It seems pretty big for the space it's in... there just doesn't seem to be a lot of room.

i was thinking that about the two lanes coming from union mills into the first roundabout at bradden bridge!! if you have anything wider than a smart car you will struggle to stay in lane.

if you have anything wider than a smart car you will struggle to stay in lane.

speaking from experience this is true of many Manx roads - many of the 4x4 or similar chelsea tractors have difficulty keeping to their side of the dividing line.

Archived