More Ratepayers Money Down The Toilet

Albert Tatlock

From MR: Corporation retains media service.

Am I missing something - why do such a small council need to employ a communications company to do this?

‘It’s important the Corporation’s role as a major player in the economic, social and cultural development of the Island’s capital is accurately portrayed and we’re delighted how Andrew Barton and his team are promoting our achievements so effectively.’

I thought there were (some) elections coming up that were about to judge that?

Douglas Council is a laughing stock, have you seen the state of them? I think I might have to learn somethings about being a town councillor, I have had 2 leaflets through the door in the past week talking of the looming election, Glenda Corkish and some other woman, what a load of tiresome old rubbish - Street lighting is important to stop crime, no shit Sherlock? The children have nowhere to play, is that because 'the authority' put NO BALL GAMES signs in all the bloody parks?

Can someone tell me what Douglas Corporation actually do?

Edit : Sara Hackman, she is the 'some other woman'- I liked her manifesto the best out of the two but I do not know the lady, never heard of her, anyone know her? Is she a good person? Or another fatty after a free horse tram pass?

Douglas Council is a laughing stock, have you seen the state of them? I think I might have to learn somethings about being a town councillor, I have had 2 leaflets through the door in the past week talking of the looming election, Glenda Corkish and some other woman, what a load of tiresome old rubbish - Street lighting is important to stop crime, no shit Sherlock? The children have nowhere to play, is that because 'the authority' put NO BALL GAMES signs in all the bloody parks?

Can someone tell me what Douglas Corporation actually do?

Edit : Sara Hackman, she is the 'some other woman'- I liked her manifesto the best out of the two but I do not know the lady, never heard of her, anyone know her? Is she a good person? Or another fatty after a free horse tram pass?

You must live near me! I liked her but won't be voting for her because of the Lib Van connection. Shame really.

Why not give her a call or a text, I know Sara would be more than happy to call round to see you.

I don't know her but she isn't an existing councillor. I would have thought thebees is not easy to please but it looks like Sara Hackman has your vote.

With her standing it will ensure that at least there is an election. Glenda Corkish, a former Mayor btw, has never had to face an election. Apparently she was mucho disappointed that because there are four of them standing for 3 seats, she will now have to actually face the public and do some electioneering.

If you have a scanner, perhaps you could put the manifestos here for us to see.

The other two councillors in St Gerorges Ward are Mr & Mrs Pitts, who are existing councillors. Likewise, Dot Pitts has never fought an election. I understand she is in the frame for being the next mayor though........

Edited to add:

A few posts here in the past few minutes. Do what Steve Babb said and giver her a call.

sarahc, I would say that not voting "because of the LibVan connection" says an awful lot more about you than the candidate.

From MR: Corporation retains media service.

Am I missing something - why do such a small council need to employ a communications company to do this?

‘It’s important the Corporation’s role as a major player in the economic, social and cultural development of the Island’s capital is accurately portrayed and we’re delighted how Andrew Barton and his team are promoting our achievements so effectively.’

I thought there were (some) elections coming up that were about to judge that?

It would be much better if the councillors had some public meetings and learnt to communicate with people in straightforward language.

I am tired of press releases saying, David Christian or Doreen Kinrade said 'so and so "

I don't know her but she isn't an existing councillor. I would have thought thebees is not easy to please but it looks like Sara Hackman has your vote.

With her standing it will ensure that at least there is an election. Glenda Corkish, a former Mayor btw, has never had to face an election. Apparently she was mucho disappointed that because there are four of them standing for 3 seats, she will now have to actually face the public and do some electioneering.

If you have a scanner, perhaps you could put the manifestos here for us to see.

The other two councillors in St Gerorges Ward are Mr & Mrs Pitts, who are existing councillors. Likewise, Dot Pitts has never fought an election. I understand she is in the frame for being the next mayor though........

Edited to add:

A few posts here in the past few minutes. Do what Steve Babb said and giver her a call.

sarahc, I would say that not voting "because of the LibVan connection" says an awful lot more about you than the candidate.

Why? It's a party vote. I don't support the party, Peter Karran, it's shady backers or Idiot Malarkey so why on earth should I support her?

Hard to please? moi? As if.....I like fairness, clarity, no frills & no fairytales. (Unless its ones about fairies and bridges)

The Pitts - he is over fed, & married people? on the council? together? sounds wrong to me. Keith Teare now, he's the best, a real beut, who in the name of goodness voted for him? Please tell me there was noone else for the people to choose from, the more I look into Douglas council the more I'm inclined towards a career in tin pot Godding myself. Jeeesus wept is this the best Douglas has?

"If you have a scanner, perhaps you could put the manifestos here for us to see. "

they should all (if the candidates have any interest in the net) be here www.iomelections.com

Interestig Lib Van comments also. There are 3 Lib Vans standing in Ramsey and this is th efirst time I've seen anything suggesting the the party doesn't have popular support. The conundrum is do you vote for the person or the party, and do you not vote for the person because they are in the party.

Archived