The Statement

crumlin

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a great big sloppy mess.

If i hear the word 'Libel' once more i'll scream.

Let the coppers do their job.

What are you all so scared of?

Personally, that ill-conceived posts (not Marcus's I hasten to add) will be used to help someone claim any future trial isn't fair. And ultimately justice won't be done.

What a great big sloppy mess.

If i hear the word 'Libel' once more i'll scream.

Let the coppers do their job.

What are you all so scared of?

Personally, that ill-conceived posts (not Marcus's I hasten to add) will be used to help someone claim any future trial isn't fair. And ultimately justice won't be done.

Valid point, but surely late night whitterings on a forum can't be described as 'evidence'?

Please note i'm not out to make mischief here, simply trying to give an outsiders view point.

I agree that some comments are worrying, but in comparison to feelings expressed in the case of the double murder, that tragically occured over their it seems pretty tame.

That case was in serious difficulty for a period, simply by what was expressed on the old forum, not to mention the papers.

I agree that some comments are worrying, but in comparison to feelings expressed in the case of the double murder, that tragically occured over their it seems pretty tame.

Perhaps because nobody actually died in this case?

Perhaps because nobody actually died in this case?

You grasp my point.

Materialism and a chaps 'character' put before a human life.

Well I wasn't referring to your post specifically.

It was more a generalised concern that we don't want to get into a situation where we have a trial by forum, before charges are even made.

And I'm sure we all want to see this matter reach a just conclusion, the various local forums have done a great job in keeping this matter alive and in the public eye. Let's not blow it now.

Well I wasn't referring to your post specifically.

It was more a generalised concern that we don't want to get into a situation where we have a trial by forum, before charges are even made.

And I'm sure we all want to see this matter reach a just conclusion, the various local forums have done a great job in keeping this matter alive and in the public eye. Let's not blow it now.

I never thought at any point you were reffering to me Declan.

I understand as a Mod. this must be a nightmare to keep on track.

Well some of the most active discussions of late have been in the Moderator's Hangout.

I've got off quite lightly compared to the other mods because I can't post at work, and most of the controversial stuff has been happening during the day.

This must be killing poor old Vader...what happened to the dear chap?

He's behind you!

Good to see Ned go, though, but like everyone says should have been months ago.

Just had a shiver pass through my spine, glancing at my 'up the arse corner' christmas gift labels given free in this months Viz magazine, i've had an awful image of Vader behind me, rapidly moving forward with a determined expression on his face.

I expect my sleep to be fitfull.

Well some of the most active discussions of late have been in the Moderator's Hangout.

I've got off quite lightly compared to the other mods because I can't post at work, and most of the controversial stuff has been happening during the day.

The old forum sort of moderated itself to some degree, i'm sure as member numbers increase things may pan out.

Currant events are really difficult, but in general i think most people have been respectful, reasonable arguements on both sides.

You mods. do deserve credit for keeping things on track.

Personally i feel it might be helpful to be a bit more public when members get a little 'hot under the collar'.

you have your vision of how the forum should progress, might be a local thing or you would like it to have more of a international feel.

Moderation is essential but unless you point out where a member is overstepping the mark or going against the overall aim of the forum, i as i often do, will continue to wade in with my size 9's oblivious to others feelings and the impact of my whitterings on sensitive issues.

The Independent

This article goes into slightly more detail than some other recent newspaper items. Mr C Moore and Mount Murray are both mentioned.

Incidentally - for all the latest IOM news on the web:

Google News IOM

EDIT:

Mr Corkill recently told the Manx parliament that the latest dispute had included physical threats against him. "What does surprise me is that this building dispute appears to have prompted an extraordinary level of quite unjustified but sustained harassment of myself and my family, much of which still remains unknown to the public," he said.

"It has included previous criminal allegations investigated by the police which have been found to be without foundation. It has included threats on the internet and other disturbing incidents at our home."

The inquiry, in its first report 17 months ago, found flaws in the planning system, inappropriate relationships between developers and members of government and discovered that a Treasury minister knowingly misled the island's House of Keys while he was serving as tourism minister.

Marcus what are you going on about. what is this "social divide" of which you speak, as we have virtually nil unemployment theres no excuse for anyone to be skint anyway.

A mate of mine has just got a council house in Pully, reckon he would be pretty pissed off to see you saying we should feel sorry for the poor little people living there blah blah. He for one is well chuffed about his cheap rent and glad he's not going to have to carry on paying private rent. If you're writing from England maybe you should have a look at all the tramps living on the streets and clogging up the soup kitchens before you come here going on about Our social divide.

An interesting article in today's Times newspaper.

Well worth reading. It's entitled "Finance row puts isle in crisis - reform looms over the fiercely independent Manx after the chief minister's arrest".

I can't find the article at the Times website. However there is a pdf copy here. If the direct link doesn't work then get it here.

Mr Bell, who has retired from his sweater shop in Ramsey, has consistently stone-walled calls for his resignation. As he settled behind the chief minister's desk he promised there will be "no change in the Government's economic strategy of policies".

Archived