The Statement

crumlin

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if arrested and released of bail that means they have been charged with something

No it doesn't.

They have been released on bail, they would of been told what the charges would be. Why did the Police not just ask them to come in for a chat, instead they raided the house with two vans and two cars, taken away it seperate cars

Sorry Ans if you are arrested you are charged with something even its suspicion of. Mr Bloggs I am arresting you please come with me (but I am not telling you why)

ans is correct, I think.

http://www.lancashire.police.uk/b1.html

Police bail

Police bail can be granted to someone who has been arrested, to allow police to carry out further enquiries into the case before making a final decision on whether or not to prosecute. The accused will have been interviewed and as they are released from custody, issued with a form stating when and where they must return to answer their bail.

Conditions can be issued by the police to people on police bail eg not to contact a particular named person. To seek any change to those conditions, the accused must apply in person to any custody sergeant at the station from which they were bailed. They may or may not be accompanied by their solicitor.

Just taken from Manx Radio's site:

"The Chief Minister and his wife Julie were today (Wednesday) arrested by police and questioned about grants paid to them by the Department of Tourism and Leisure. They have now been released on police bail. A statement has been released by the police this evening. It reads: 'As a result of our enquiries into allegations in respect of grants paid to them by the Department of Tourism and Leisure, I can now confirm that the Chief Minister, Mr Richard Corkill and his wife Julie have today been arrested and interviewed by detectives from the Isle of Man Constabulary's serious crime unit in respect of these allegations. 'I can also confirm that, as part of their enquiries, police officers have also conducted enquiries at the home address of Mr and Mrs Corkill. 'Following their respective interviews they have each been released on police bail to reappear at a future date, pending the outcome of further enquiries. 'As the matter is still ongoing, no further comment will be made at this time by members of the Constabulary in relation to this matter'."

Archived