The Statement

crumlin

As difficult as it is, it would be appreciated if we could avoid speculating on the potential chargable offence (or other). We are better off waiting until such time as it is announced or dropped. Until that time, we may inadvertently jeopardise a high profile case of local importance and further, place the future of the forum in doubt.

Please be very careful what you post and stick to facts that are already in the public domain rather than speculative reasoning.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3.    For the good of the IOM's reputation GE Construction dropped their claim to put an end to it.

Yeah, right. I'm sure that's the reason they decided not to try and prove their case.

I seem to recall that's what the piece said. So by all means deploy your sarcasm but please make it clear that it is directed at Manx Radio where it belongs.

Now here's an idea to get hold of, if you don't believe it, why don't you ask them?

Edited for continuity.

I have been watching this thread very closely, and postings have been made that are Libel and subjudice in an ongoing case. I have reported the offending postings.

Also we have not dropped our legal case as some are saying. Fact We offered at the very start to have this dispute resolved by Arbitration, but that was refused.

Also we have no idea what the police have arrested Mr & Mrs Corkill for, we are not involved with what ever it is.

FMCR, if you look at the wording of the original post, he is not claiming that these events have occurred, he is pointing out that they are criminal offences. If he alleges that you have committed them, the post will be removed at once, but as he hasn't, there is no reason for the removal and hence there is no libel.

If you don't want to have a subjudice discussion, perhaps you shouldn't initiate one.

FMCR, if you look at the wording of the original post, he is not claiming that these events have occurred, he is pointing out that they are criminal offences.  If he alleges that you have committed them, the post will be removed at once, but as he hasn't, there is no reason for the removal and hence there is no libel.

If you don't want to have a subjudice discussion, perhaps you shouldn't initiate one.

Why was the credit card thingy edited out

Why are the Police involved ? Can anyone explain?

Which part of the list of allegations (OG's post above) could/would be a criminal matter?

submitting invoices as paid when they were not = fraud

forging a signature = fraud

stealing tools = theft

The reply was based on what the police are aledged to be investigating and I dont believe they are investigating these items.

Dont know anything about Item 2

Who posted about the credit cards :rolleyes:

I just said they are offences. I never said anyone did them either, anyway you were the one who said all them things in the first place. whats more you accused someone of doing them too.

reported yourself while you were at it did you

You can get permission provided they don't assess you as a flight risk.

Monday December 6th 2004 High courts of Justice in the Isle of Man.

Court No 1 deemster Walk, Douglas.

Cu Plas Callow V R k & J Corkill.

The plaintiffs have not been notified that they (Corkills) have left the Island to go on Holiday, One good reason to get the case DELAYED Ans

Archived