[BBC News] Manx emergency exercise praised

Newsbot

Am I paranoid, or do all these emergency services disaster rehearsals worry others too?

Four 'all-island' (unless you live at Mount Murray) siren tests a year, tabletop exercises by the DHSS and now this.

I reckon there's a chart of probable doom scenarios in a safe somewhere in Government offices. Of course, nobody would admit to it - but are they expecting Sellafield to go pop one day (Mr Burns Syndrome or a terrorist attack)?

Anyway, assuming somebody out there is going to get me isn't paranoia - it's probably just prudent prescience!

Organisers of a Manx emergency training exercise praise the services and islanders who took part.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7355136.stm

Stuff like this, however unwanted has to be rehearsed. Worst case scenario? is that an aircraft impacts on the island. Identification of those lost will be a major issue and an unwelcome job. Has this been rehearsed?

I agree Balin,

These rehersals are important, if something did happen I'm sure there would be plenty of people complaining if the response were to be sub standard. The only way to avoid a poor response is to reherse, even if it does let some of the "we are inportant brigade" get thier jollies every few months

Archived