[BBC News] TT races 'will improve' this year

Newsbot

TT has been on for 100 years, riders and spectators know the dangers by now. All that they seem to do is add more restrictions of places to watch or add another speed limit. Soon when roads are open the entire course will end up a 30 and you will only be able to watch the TT from a helicopter!!

TT is the only surviving part of our Island and more restrictions will only annoy the visitors and piss off the locals

Leave it how it is... it's been chopped and changed too much....

I hope they replace the bikes with rollerblades and funny costumes. It'd be immeasurably better and more interesting to watch. Some kind of custard pie duel would go down a treat as well.

I hope they replace the bikes with rollerblades and funny costumes. It'd be immeasurably better and more interesting to watch. Some kind of custard pie duel would go down a treat as well.

That has my vote :thumbsup:

You could always go back to the UK no-one is making you stay here

a) I'm already in the UK;

b) But I am Manx;

c) and I still don't like the TT, and, besides, it was just a merry little jape.

Now to put it all in the transcombobulatory reply generator:

a+b+c = suck my lovely big balls!

I wonder if they are going to do some different stuff down on the prom rather than the same shows that have been on the last 3 years!

I can't wait for TT it makes such a difference to the place, it will be a shame when "they" eventually manage to kill it off.

OK I am not a supporter of the TT but if those who are in favour of the TT want to see no changes then it will surely wither and die.

I get the feeling if we had the internet X years ago the same people would have been arguing against the roads being closed for the raises, the ten second rather than the mass starts etc etc. In my view it has to change with the times or it will become a greater anachronism and that will put more preesure on it

I wonder if they are going to do some different stuff down on the prom rather than the same shows that have been on the last 3 years!

Wwwhatttt :o:o:o

Are you telling me your Bored of the flea infested carni brigade that turn up every TT, do you not realize that alot of thought go's in to allowing that FunFair come over year <_< same shit different year ,

This year i hope to spend TT in Monte Carlo if the cash allows and then on to Canada

OK I am not a supporter of the TT but if those who are in favour of the TT want to see no changes then it will surely wither and die.

I get the feeling if we had the internet X years ago the same people would have been arguing against the roads being closed for the raises, the ten second rather than the mass starts etc etc. In my view it has to change with the times or it will become a greater anachronism and that will put more preesure on it

My point was not technology related; it was simply about the adding speed limits where someone crashed on open roads and more to the point closing off viewing points around the course.

Wwwhatttt :o:o:o

Are you telling me your Bored of the flea infested carni brigade that turn up every TT, do you not realize that alot of thought go's in to allowing that FunFair come over year <_< same shit different year ,

This year i hope to spend TT in Monte Carlo if the cash allows and then on to Canada

I'm really looking forward to that bloke doing handbrake turns in his Mini. I go every night. It's brill.

Only the last three years?

Typical promenade entertainment for the last 10 years:

1. Walk down the prom avoiding the shoddy rides set up by dodgy itinerant gipo kiddy fiddlers

2. A few pints at Bushy's

3. The rocket powered quad bike

4. Russ Swift

5. Steve Colley

6. Bus home

The tourist board needs a long hard pat on the back for all the effort they put in ;)

Archived