A Really Nice Compliment For The Isle Of Man

Cronky

Discussion forums tend to be fairly critical venues. So it's nice to have an opportunity to look at the good in the Isle of Man. There's an article in this week's Examiner about a Bobby from accross and his impressions of our community:

Ballasalla welcomes new community bobby

The constable, who is 41 and lives in Colby, has been in the Island for just 18 months and arrived here from Greater Manchester Police in Bolton.

'I love the way policing over here is done, it's fantastic,' he said.

'I love the neighbourhood style, people get to know who you are. It's a joy to come to work.'

He added he thought youngsters in the Island were 'wonderful' and there were a lot of positives.

I lived in Manchester some years ago and I had forgotten just what an awful place it was. Sometimes we forget just how good it is here. Not perfect, but a darn sight nicer than most places these days.

18 months isn't long enough he's still in his 'honeymoon period'. Give it another year and he'll be sour, bitter and twisted like the rest of us.

probably is now, but knows what to say for public consumption.. compared to manchester it is a great place, but not what it was 20 years ago.

The constable, who is 41 and lives in Colby

He added he thought youngsters in the Island were 'wonderful' and there were a lot of positives.

Didn't the last copper who lived in Colby say all that stuff...and that local scientist...before they disappeared?

village-of-the-damned-kids.jpg

Colby's the 'Village of the Damned' I tells yer.

Cynics - the lot of yers!

I'm a Manxunian of approaching 11 years, and am still on honeymoon. I feel it most when friends visit and THEY have to go home!

As a former city boy, the reality of living at the seaside more than makes up for the occasional irritation - and a visit across for a weekend absolutely confirms it was the right thing to do.

How nice that the Colby Cop has embraced his new life here.

Didn't the last copper who lived in Colby say all that stuff...and that local scientist...before they disappeared?

Is that not a young Pauline Fowler at the front ?

Well, I'm 17 years into my honeymoon period! My boss was over on the Island for the last couple of days and she's jealous of my daily drive to work. Last week I was in England for a few days. As I was stationary on the M6, having got up an hour earlier than I would do here to travel the same distance, I thought to myself...

This is why I moved away from this place...

Well, I'm 17 years into my honeymoon period! My boss was over on the Island for the last couple of days and she's jealous of my daily drive to work. Last week I was in England for a few days. As I was stationary on the M6, having got up an hour earlier than I would do here to travel the same distance, I thought to myself...

But if you all keep moving here, we'll be in the same situation!

But if you all keep moving here, we'll be in the same situation!

I agree, stop anymore of the buggers moving over here now! :rolleyes:

Is that not a young Pauline Fowler at the front ?

And the left, and the back.

Archived