Playstation 3 Disc Reading Problems...

K.os Theory

OK not overly happy, my PS3 doesn't get much usage at the moment but I picked up Hot Shot's gold over the weekend looking forward to playing some golf, got home put the disc in the PS3 and waited...and waited...and...well you get the idea.

Basically the PS3 is not seeing any discs, games, dvds, cds anything.

My problem is that I can't find my feckin receipt! :(

just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or am I just a lucky punter? :angry:

I've just emailed Sony's customer service desk to see what they'll say, but if I can't get a replacement I'm wondering if there are any modder's our there who would want to have a tinker with me PS3? I'll pay... ;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK not overly happy, my PS3 doesn't get much usage at the moment but I picked up Hot Shot's gold over the weekend looking forward to playing some golf, got home put the disc in the PS3 and waited...and waited...and...well you get the idea.

Basically the PS3 is not seeing any discs, games, dvds, cds anything.

My problem is that I can't find my feckin receipt! :(

just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or am I just a lucky punter? :angry:

I've just emailed Sony's customer service desk to see what they'll say, but if I can't get a replacement I'm wondering if there are any modder's our there who would want to have a tinker with me PS3? I'll pay... ;)

You might be ok on the warantee with just the serial number if it's under a year old.

Have you tried going into the system settings and reformatting the PS3? It will probably delete all your saved info but will rollback the sytem updates. I've heard some PS3's glitch out on sytem updates. See if the discs work once you reformatted, then if they do connect to the network and update again and see if it works.

Else see what sony customer support says.

I had this problem, all i did was ring up sony support, told them my serial and they said it was still in warranty and they would send me a box to put my ps3 in, and they would repair it, or replace it. So i thought it would be like, months like Microsoft, but in 2 or 3 days they actually sent someone with a new ps3, and gave me that for my working one, great!

I had this problem, all i did was ring up sony support, told them my serial and they said it was still in warranty and they would send me a box to put my ps3 in, and they would repair it, or replace it. So i thought it would be like, months like Microsoft, but in 2 or 3 days they actually sent someone with a new ps3, and gave me that for my working one, great!

Months like microsoft? A week more like.

Months like microsoft? A week more like.

Try getting a 60Gb repaired then , 3 weeks and counting.

Plus my 360 was back in just 2 weeks from collection to back and working.

Mr H , if you got it from Game , try contacting customer service , who if you used your reward card at the time of purchase can track the date from that.

Game Customer Service

Whoever you purchased it from if you don't have the receipt the fact that the 40Gb model only came out towards the end of last year still means that Sony have to repair it free of charge

Archived