David Callister Is An Mlc!

bluemonday

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically we get a new MLC by stealth, hang around and hang around until you're last man standing.

Very unsatisfactory, the sonner reform comes the better (meaningful reform that is, not the ultra-soft ones currently working their way through Tynwald)

So basically we get a new MLC by stealth, hang around and hang around until you're last man standing.

Very unsatisfactory, the sonner reform comes the better (meaningful reform that is, not the ultra-soft ones currently working their way through Tynwald)

Stealth? How?

I bet a certain guy in Onchan is doing a little dance right about now.

I'm not so sure.

Whereas Mrs Crowe certainly had an obsession with trying to make a certain guy from Onchan look small, our new MLC is not averse in his broadcasting days to trying to have a bit of a (failed) giggle at the expense of our elected politicans, perhaps even when a politician is concerned with helping people who are far less fortunate than the interviewer.

All politicians, MHKs and MLCs, especially newly placed ones, should ask themselves two qestions:

1. who has elected them to their circa £1000 a week jobs

2. How many votes did they eventually get.

I would always be wary of taking the piss out of someone who has the vote of over a couple of thousand souls and who has consistently topped the poll.

Incidentally, if Mrs Crowe had thought about those questions every now and again, she would still be there now to carry on her undoubtless at times difficult job, working on various committees and having to make very tough decisions.

David Callister MLC, you are The Apprentice. Remember who you are working for.

Archived