David Callister Is An Mlc!

bluemonday

Incidentally, if Mrs Crowe had thought about those questions every now and again, she would still be there

Only 8 votes after 3 attempts I bet you could hear that penny dropping a mile off.

If only they were allowed to throw buns!

It depresses me that eight in there voted for the old

CrowNa3.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, at last - no more strident Mrs Bucket voice on MR. Not as bad as Thatcher's - but still enough to send me racing to the off button.

Until she does a Prescott and Manx Radio serialise her memoirs. I wonder what revelations are awaiting publication?

I have to say I have found Mrs C exceptionally irritating, especially her condescending, schoolma'my regard to anachronistic formality that she shows in interviews.

I will never forget her on the Isle of Man edition of 'Countryside' (the nature programme on a sunday fronted by John Craven) from the, then, newly-opened incinerator. She had the audacity to sit there, on national TV in a tweed suit and wellies, looking for all the world like Tubbs the shopkeeper from the League of Gentlemen. I thought she did the IOM no favours.

Sorry, Pam, but I am really not a fan.

Both were interviewed on Manx Radio Mandate this morning.

David Callister made it abundantly clear that he was against flouridating our water. In this I would say he has the automatic backing of the vast majority of the Isle of Man, well those who can be bothered to have an opinion on the matter anyway.

Unfortunately he will not curry favour with the all powerful Council of Ministers who are stubbornly and arrogantly pishing agin the wind on this one.

I would have little doubt that the Council of Ministers will have provided the (not enough) votes for Mrs Crowe. She is/was a died in the wool establishment woman and has been such a strong voice for them all these years.

Likely candidates to fill her welly boots as Chairman of the Post Office and member for Health Services? Quintin Gil has been sucking on the establishment teat of late and the young fella Watterson and the Peel lad Crookall will be in the frame somewhere if they are going to make a career out of it.

Anyway, at last - no more strident Mrs Bucket voice on MR. Not as bad as Thatcher's - but still enough to send me racing to the off button.

Until she does a Prescott and Manx Radio serialise her memoirs. I wonder what revelations are awaiting publication?

She could be bulimic too?

She could be bulimic too?

No that was shite coming out of her mouth not vomit :blink:

The Young Farmers Clubs will be devastated. When I first went along to help with writing their concerts, a number of years ago, I was told it was absolutely essential to mention the size of Mrs C's arse somewhere in the script!

I bet a certain guy in Onchan is doing a little dance right about now.

I'm not so sure.

Whereas Mrs Crowe certainly had an obsession with trying to make a certain guy from Onchan look small, our new MLC is not averse in his broadcasting days to trying to have a bit of a (failed) giggle at the expense of our elected politicans, perhaps even when a politician is concerned with helping people who are far less fortunate than the interviewer.

Wrong guy from Onchan dude.

Archived