[BBC News] Plane bursts tyre on city runway

Newsbot

Is this the BBC not knowing their arse from their elbow again or was there a separate incident at Ronaldsway earlier today? At about 2:45pm the road past the front of the airport and the taxi rank were both blocked off and the airport fire tenders were on the runway with blue lights flashing. It looked to me like the airport was closed to flights for about an hour.

Is this the BBC not knowing their arse from their elbow again or was there a separate incident at Ronaldsway earlier today? At about 2:45pm the road past the front of the airport and the taxi rank were both blocked off and the airport fire tenders were on the runway with blue lights flashing. It looked to me like the airport was closed to flights for about an hour.

Maybe a taxi had a puncture on approach and they had to close the rank. For the sake of safety I'm all for a taxi rank extension at any cost. Thank god they were okay.

seperate i think, theres no way the background of the picture is the IOM

Archived