Up, Up And Away

Albert Tatlock

I'm with djdan on this one. I think it's a little harsh to rip the piss out of him when he was doing it for charity. He had done it before and survived, and obviously if there's a record to break someone else has done it too.

I think it's pretty brave to do something like that. I doubt you'd all crack jokes if it was someone from the Island who was trying to break the record.

So if someone from the island tied himself to a load of balloons and took off across the Irish Sea we wouldn't find it funny if he got lost?

I think you'd find we would.

The fact he may have died is nothing to do with it, it's not sympathy for a fool who got what he obviously should have covered himself for, it's a sense of pointless loss of life and what has he achieved?

One less priest in the world, win win situation.

So if someone from the island tied himself to a load of balloons and took off across the Irish Sea we wouldn't find it funny if he got lost?

I would not find it funny.

I would not find it funny.

What? Not even if it was B Hannay heading off to retirement?

post-1037-1209032356_thumb.jpg

One less priest in the world, win win situation.

:ermm:

so you'd rather they all die?

I would rather they all found themselves redundant, which in a way they are.

If the trend continues then there won't be many left anyway. It seems to be a worldwide trend that people are less and less interested in joining the fairy squad:

The U.S. priesthood has been shrinking for decades. More than 3,200 of the 18,600 U.S. parishes don't have resident priests, according to the Center for Research in the Apostolate at Georgetown University. More lay people than clergy work full-time in the churches. clicky

Priests shortage forces church closures

A village church has been forced to close because of a recruitment crisis in the priesthood.

Our Lady Help of Christians held its last service on Friday after 45 years serving the parish of Hurst Green, near Robertsbridge.

The Catholic Diocese of Arundel and Brighton said the closure was unavoidable because of a critical shortage of Catholic priests...

...The number of Catholic priests has plummeted massively in the last 50 years. During the 1950s and 60s a large number of priests came to England from Ireland to work. clicky

Maybe if they had more blokes like the good Rev. Adelir Antonio de Carli here, then people would be more interested in it and the church and religion as a whole wouldn't seen to be completely outdated and out of touch with today. I don't like religion one bit, but he's cool and I hope he makes it back alive and well.

What? Not even if it was B Hannay heading off to retirement?

Which direction did you say he's heading?

blasrohrcrewik3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived