Xbox 360 & Wii

WilDDog

What games and accessories have you got and where did you get them, what would you recommend getting? I don't see the point buying a dvd player for the xbox when it already plays them.

I got my Xbox and Wii a couple of weeks ago from Gamesmaster in Ramsey and I think I got a great deal on both.

Xbox 360 Elite cost me £259 with 2 games Halo 3 and Timeshift. I also bought a wireless adaptor and controller charging kit.

Wii was for the wifes Birthday, £250 with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and spare Numchuck, Docking station and Controller.

I also got one of those 15 in one accessory packs.

Wii hasn't really been used much though I'm always on the Xbox.

Which accessories and games do you think are a must have for both?

Bioshock is an absolute must for the 360 given that you seem to like FPS's looking at your your other 2 360 games.

It is magnificent. Graphics and gameplay are top notch and if you have surround souns then the audio adds and extra element that I have not seen in any other games.

The fact that they did not even attempt a multiplayer mode adds to it imo with all resources concentrated on creating a great single player experience.

In fact I may have to start the game from scratch again tonight

Accessories, nowt but an extra controller on both. I also use a standard AA recharger, and just cycle a set of aa batteries around all my gear (remotes, wiimotes, 360 controller, gh3 guitars, etc), find that far cheaper than buying expensive 'play and charge kits'

Other than that, you might want a steering wheel or gh3 controllers, but thats down to personal pref. I think the 360 pad rules for racing games as it is, the triggers are superb.

Gamers wise, here's my must haves. But don't forget pretty much everything is demo'able on the 360, just leech some and see what you fancy.

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4

Gears of War

Guitar Hero 3

Forza 2

I also really enjoyed:

Halo 3

Crackdown

Saints Row

Mass Effect

Rainbow 6 Vegas

Overlord

There's loads of ace stuff on XBLA too and they're at bargain prices, my faves:

Pac Man CE

Puzzle Quest

Zuma

Catan

Carcassone

Bomberman

Rez HD

Space Giraffe

On the Wii, not so many must haves:

Super Mario Galaxy - best game ever!

Zelda Twighlight Princess

Metroid 3

Accessories, nowt but an extra controller on both. I also use a standard AA recharger, and just cycle a set of aa batteries around all my gear (remotes, wiimotes, 360 controller, gh3 guitars, etc), find that far cheaper than buying expensive 'play and charge kits'

Other than that, you might want a steering wheel or gh3 controllers, but thats down to personal pref. I think the 360 pad rules for racing games as it is, the triggers are superb.

Gamers wise, here's my must haves. But don't forget pretty much everything is demo'able on the 360, just leech some and see what you fancy.

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4

Gears of War

Guitar Hero 3

Forza 2

I also really enjoyed:

Halo 3

Crackdown

Saints Row

Mass Effect

Rainbow 6 Vegas

Overlord

There's loads of ace stuff on XBLA too and they're at bargain prices, my faves:

Pac Man CE

Puzzle Quest

Zuma

Catan

Carcassone

Bomberman

Rez HD

Space Giraffe

pretty much what he said :stupid: , but i'd also add Condemned 1 and 2 ( both brilliant takes on the FPS formula ) and Ace Combat 6

add on mariokart for the wii crackin game especially drivin with the steerin wheel

assasins creed for the 360 is also a quality game

Opinions are like bumholes and all that, but imho the above are both pretty average games. Not tried condemed 2, but it looks like a goodie.

Thanks for the info.

My birthday will be along before I know it in June, so I think Call of Duty 4 and Guitar hero 3 will be on the list for the Xbox and Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii.

I'll grab Rainbow 6 Las Vegas and Super Mario cart as little pressies to myself when I've finished a couple of games I already have. :)

Thanks for the info.

My birthday will be along before I know it in June, so I think Call of Duty 4 and Guitar hero 3 will be on the list for the Xbox and Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii.

I'll grab Rainbow 6 Las Vegas and Super Mario cart as little pressies to myself when I've finished a couple of games I already have. :)

Don't forget: the world changes on the 29th.

I agree with the game selections on both consoles and would like to add Resident evil 4 (wii) and Tiger Woods '08 (360).

While we're at it, any thoughts on ps3 games?

I tend to go for platform exclusive titles (uncharted, time crisis 4) and get anything else on the 360.

I agree with the game selections on both consoles and would like to add Resident evil 4 (wii) and Tiger Woods '08 (360).

While we're at it, any thoughts on ps3 games?

I tend to go for platform exclusive titles (uncharted, time crisis 4) and get anything else on the 360.

hot shots golf is quality on the PS3, it's a bit cutesy but don't be put off, it's a quality golf game!

Archived