Manx Radio News

simon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add my (uninformed) two'penny worth, generally I think MR do a good job of reporting the events. Let's not forget that this island is no bigger than a very small town in the UK in terms of population. The reporting has to be considered against that context. Investigative journalisim will only work where a degree of anonymity can be assured, but here? I don't think so.

I agree that regurgitating press releases is not really journalism, but put the thing in context! I really do not believe that a BBC local radio station would do any more than take the local news and present it within the UK national news. There would be no incentive to do otherwise.

However, I have to say that I would hope to hear the end of news items which appealed for information about an unspecificed event! But I think that is more to do with a cautiousness of the authorities than MR's ability to report!

Just to clarify:

While Illiam123/GameOn/Traveller (Yes, they were all the same person) had some valid points that were perfectly legitimate to ask, he peppered his posts with potentially libellous material on a personal nature.

He was asked to stop including these bits and didn't respond. To begin with, they were edited out and the rest remained, but as time went on, the moderation team grew tired of parsing his posts looking for the problems so any post that looked suspect was deleted entirely.

I'm sure that everyone would prefer not to have this forum taken away from us, like the two previous ones, so you'll forgive us if we err on the side of caution. At no point has MR waved a big stick at us and threatened us with action, but we have had complaints from official representatives of the station regarding the continued personal attacks and potentially actionable comments. Despite a direct request to stop, it didn't, leaving us with little option.

This was a decision taken by the entire moderation team after much thought. Sorry, but if you think that risking this forum and opening the owner (Unisol) to legal action is acceptable, then perhaps you should post somewhere else where they have less of a regard for rules.

At the end of the day, his posts were simply him using this forum to air his personal grievances and to grind his axe. This really isn't the place.

And the last two forums got closed down because of . . . . . .

Not libel.

But a rather nasty and over protective wealthy/powerful bully that couldn't handle a certain matter being discussed on a forum. A person whose only interest in this Island is to sink the £££££s

Although as far as I'm concerned, better a properly moderated forum than no forum at all.

And the last two forums got closed down because of . . . . . .

Indeed. But I think we've done that all to death and I hope that everyone understands we don't want it to happen again.

Just to clarify:

While Illiam123/GameOn/Traveller (Yes, they were all the same person) had some valid points that were perfectly legitimate to ask, he peppered his posts with potentially libellous material on a personal nature.

He was asked to stop including these bits and didn't respond. To begin with, they were edited out and the rest remained, but as time went on, the moderation team grew tired of parsing his posts looking for the problems so any post that looked suspect was deleted entirely.

I'm sure that everyone would prefer not to have this forum taken away from us, like the two previous ones, so you'll forgive us if we err on the side of caution. At no point has MR waved a big stick at us and threatened us with action, but we have had complaints from official representatives of the station regarding the continued personal attacks and potentially actionable comments. Despite a direct request to stop, it didn't, leaving us with little option.

This was a decision taken by the entire moderation team after much thought. Sorry, but if you think that risking this forum and opening the owner (Unisol) to legal action is acceptable, then perhaps you should post somewhere else where they have less of a regard for rules.

At the end of the day, his posts were simply him using this forum to air his personal grievances and to grind his axe. This really isn't the place.

Dear Ans – bored now don’t want to play. But before I go just a quick protest at outright porkies.

(Though given the most splendid view of your orifice, courtesy of your mug shot, one may forgive the odd excremental utterance)

I’m Game On, all alone and ever more may be so – not Traveller or Illiam1,2 or 3.

Despite your proud preening of ‘Well, we did warn them you know’ I received no such communication. Granted this may have happened to the other shards of my personality that you have deemed to graft onto me, but they would have to answer for themselves.

The moral is fairly simple - if you’re going to try the moral high ground, try starting with the truth.

So let’s see how long this post stays up then,

Game over – please insert another token

I’m Game On, all alone and ever more may be so – not Traveller or Illiam1,2 or 3.

You need to have a word with the other people that use the same computer at the same time as you, writing in the same style, talking about the same things and grinding the same axe. They're giving you a bad name.

Despite your proud preening of ‘Well, we did warn them you know’ I received no such communication

I direct you to your warn log, with all the information you require.

The moral is fairly simple - if you’re going to try the moral high ground, try starting with the truth.

How quaintly ironic for you of all people to post that.

MR news have just said that there have been more arrests or re arrests over the long running NedGate thingy, whats been done now?

Nothing on the 12 news or the website yet

It was on the news this morning, BBC could produce a program to compete with Emerdale, BALLAGATE FARM :lol:

From MR

The boss of a building firm which carried out work on the former Chief Minister's Onchan home has been re- arrested.

Will Kelly of GC construction has again been questioned in relation to the Ballacain case.

He’s been granted police bail.

Kelly was first arrested in April, along with another man from the company, by officers investigating allegations government grants were used to fund the renovations.

Richard Corkill’s wife Julie is to stand trial in December after pleading not guilty to dishonesty charges that relate to the same case.

Archived