Manx Radio News

simon

I’m Game On, all alone and ever more may be so – not Traveller or Illiam1,2 or 3.

You need to have a word with the other people that use the same computer at the same time as you, writing in the same style, talking about the same things and grinding the same axe. They're giving you a bad name.

Class :lol:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the last two forums got closed down because of . . . . . .

Indeed. But I think we've done that all to death and I hope that everyone understands we don't want it to happen again.

Done that all to death??

Everytime 'it' is mentioned a thread/forum gets removed.

It SHOULD be done to death, because it shows exactly the corruption on this Island these days.

It shows who is pandering to the rich kids (a euphemism for fat cats). It shows how justice is carried out on the Isle of Man.

Dear Mr Ans,

Please direct the forum to threads where this subject has been 'done that all to death'

ps

The subject will never die.

That is as long as there are people on this Island who are not corrupt, greedy, Sneaky and smug. And who have decent moral standards.

In saying that I respect that, unfortunately, this forum is not anywhere near a force to contend with 'them'.

But please, keep up the good work.

Regards

El nipper

If you take the time to have look/search around you will find Ans is right. It has been discussed loads of times in many ways - if you really are that interested take a good look through, he's bored with it so shouldn't have to.

I’m Game On, all alone and ever more may be so – not Traveller or Illiam1,2 or 3.

You need to have a word with the other people that use the same computer at the same time as you, writing in the same style, talking about the same things and grinding the same axe. They're giving you a bad name.

Class :lol:

"It was the voices in my head that told me to do it!"

If you take the time to have look/search around you will find Ans is right. It has been discussed loads of times in many ways - if you really are that interested take a good look through, he's bored with it so shouldn't have to.

Yep, agreed. We've been there many times before on this forum and manxonline.

well i don't have a clue what you're all going on about - and i wish it would stop because i'm nosey by nature, but im also lazy by nature and really can't be arsed to go through the entire forum trying to find out. <_<

Dear Mr Ans,

Please direct the forum to threads where this subject has been 'done that all to death'

You're either being deliberately obtuse or particularly dense. I never said that the subject in question had been done to death, I said that the closure of the previous forums have.

It happened almost 18 months ago, I think it's time we all moved on, don't you?

as I posted elsewhere I've now switched to 3FM for the news ...they may not be as 'in depth' as Manx Radio with a dedicated news programme but when I've listened to mandate etc the interviews never really seem to be interviews i.e. you don't learn much more than you hear in the news headlines. A good example of that was one I heard yesterday or the day before when the guy from the Steam Packet was talking about the takeover and the Manx radio reporter said something along the lines of 'the management are very good at managing the Steam Packet'. Could you imagine Paxman doing that?

Anyway as I said I found 3FM seem to be ahead of the game when it comes to getting broadcasting news but at the same time i wouldn't want manx radio to go ...it's great that we've got a choice now and not like it was before. If people want to listen to something they should be allowed to do so.

The only concern I have is now we have the choice it will be taken away from us if 3FM or energy go because manx radio receives nearly a million pounds in tax payers money plus the revenue they receive from advertising which could mean the death of their rivals

Archived