Manx Radio News

simon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The decision was therefore taken that we should concentrate entirely on the facts that we had, rather than on lots of speculation.
Hmmmm. There isn't any reason why the meaning of 'Police Bail' could not have been discussed first thing this morning. That would have been useful and interesting information. It would have put the arrest into context.

And it would be disingenuous to pretend that the opinions of other MHKs could not reasonably have been broadcast first thing in the morning. Given that the interview with BC, which was recorded before the resignation, was used at lunchtime (as planned) although its impact had been stolen by events.

Is there anything wrong with postulating what - if scenarios and analysis?

The opposite of "speculation" is not silence.

EDIT: actually Stu - your post doesn't address any of the points I made this morning - though 3/4/5 does rather look like a rough outline of the lunchtime edition :)

EDIT: actually Stu - your post doesn't address any of the points I made this morning - though 3/4/5 does rather look like a rough outline of the lunchtime edition :)

Stu is very good at answering questions that don't (usually) er, actually answer the question. A true professional journalist is our Stu!

Would make an excellent politician!

I bet if they had spent all morning explaining simple legal terms like "bail" you'd have complained they were being patronising
But Kite, Police Bail isn't a "simple" legal term, necessarily. And it did need explaining. Its explanation probably or possibly throws light on the arrest.

And Manx Radio obviously agree with me, because, come lunchtime, they did end up interviewing an advocate to explain the possible context of the arrest and the meaning of "Police Bail". As they could have done first thing.

In reply to "Old Git":

The answer to your question is No, The Mannin line will not return now that The Chief Minister has resigned.

As I have stated before on this forum and on air there was, has not ,and will not be pressure applied by politicians to offer an alternative to the Mannin Line on weekdays so the two issues you refer to are completely unrelated.

If in fact if you are concerned about Political pressure being bought to bear on The National Broadcaster you may care to consider Mr. David Cretney's comments in the press recently concerning The Mannin Line.Now if that isn't I don't know what is!

Chris Williams.

Now if that isn't I don't know what is!

So there WAS political pressure? ;)

I must admit I turned to Manx Radio yesterday lunchtime for the first time in years just to hear this.

Also, I know someone who swears blind that the news about his resignation was posted on IOMOnline about 11am. I was under the impression it was much later than that..... anyone got a clue?

Stu is very good at answering questions that don't (usually) er, actually answer the question. A true professional journalist is our Stu!

Would make an excellent politician!

Oh...er...do you think so? [preening mode\]

Now there's a thought...attractive salary, nice office, long summer breaks from Tynwald, nobody criticising me on the Forums...

I could possibly be a good Transport Minister (minimum speed limit, pedestrian-free zones, a ban on Nissan Micras on the Mountain Road).

Or Minister for Political Incorrectness maybe? Chairman of the Office of Free Thinking? [/preening mode]

No, in all humility I couldn't possibly aspire to the very highest offices of public service (vote now :rolleyes: ). Simon can be my PR supremo, Ans can be my consiglieri, Rog can look after foreign policy, Stavros can have Ag and Fish...now THERE'S a thread...

Mr Peters could you let us know about your professional background.

I understood you were in the media before moving to the island, but it was more to do with film/corporate video work.

1 Are you a trained radio journalist?

2 If not have you been sent on any courses?

3 How much input do you give to Mandate?

4 Did you really think yesterdays programme was good under the circumstances?

Thanks

Archived