[BBC News] Man, 35, arrested over drugs find

Newsbot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What drug problem, the isle of man does not have a drug problem :D

The isle of man prison must have quite a few druggies in there now.

Each to their own and all that - Heroin is just a better version of the Codine pills so many of you thrive on. Heroin addicts are no bother, they just sit there. I can't see what all the fuss is about. We are all different & if people want to take heroin, why not just let them? At least they are addicted to a decent drug, unlike nicotine addicts, tsk tsk tsk, silly tobacco heads. If they are going to put heroin dealers in prison the least they could do is arrest a few tobacconists. If nicotine is so highly addictive - why is it legal?

Each to their own and all that - Heroin is just a better version of the Codine pills so many of you thrive on. Heroin addicts are no bother, they just sit there. I can't see what all the fuss is about. We are all different & if people want to take heroin, why not just let them? At least they are addicted to a decent drug, unlike nicotine addicts, tsk tsk tsk, silly tobacco heads. If they are going to put heroin dealers in prison the least they could do is arrest a few tobacconists. If nicotine is so highly addictive - why is it legal?

So where do all these smack heads find all the money to buy there heroin? There lays the problem.

So where do all these smack heads find all the money to buy there heroin? There lays the problem.

By selling others heroin? I don't see the problem myself.

Seems a bit circular to me, shirley it's gonna get watered down with ajax at some point

Actually, that might solve the problem.

By selling others heroin? I don't see the problem myself.

You don't see the problem with your own posts either. That doesn't make either situation clever or pleasant for anyone else to have to put up with.

Meh.

I don't buy it.

Morhpine/diamorphine/heroin (all very closely related) are legal and illegal at the same time.

Get yourself into hospital with severe pain (childbirth, crapped out back, all kinds of cancers, all other flavours of serious illnesses) and you'll be shot up with diamorphine, which is, if you want to put a name to it, heroin.

Why heroin?

Because it's a massively effective painkillker - pretty much the best that mankind has ever discovered.

Boots sell it, up to a point, the 8/500 co-codamols they sell are 8mg of codeine per capsule, codeine metabolises into morphine in the body (albeit at a crappy 10% ratio), so you take co-codamols, you've had a little bit of that heroin pleasure already.

Move up a league to the 30/500 co-codamols (i.e. 30mg of codeine per capsule - prescription only for these babies!) - and you're actually getting into proper opiate territory, it's possible to ingest a 'high' amount of codeine (which metabolises to morphine which is basically heroin) without shagging yourself out on the paracetamol (which is very bad for the liver in overdose).

Go a step further to cold water extraction techniques, and you can get pretty close to the real thing.

So the question is, at which point does someone need to be locked away? When do they become a risk to society?

You can get pretty close to medicinal morphine (heroin) by doing enough shopping at chemists and a bit of research, opiates are opiates, and they've been an incredibly compelling human desire for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin

Shock horror folks - some people like to get high from time to time. Be it booze or fags or evil ILLEGAL DRUGS like speed or heroin (even though both are often legally prescribed under different names) - it's never going to go away, and it doesn't have to mean the end of the world, and locking people up simply for wanting to feel a certain way when they do no harm to any other during the process, is surely a very shitty societal decision.

We still allow people to dig themselves into an early grave via smoking (but only outside!) and via booze (pay your fucking taxes on the way!) - I don't see how other drugs deserve the distinction whereby the users and distributors get sent to jail in an act of supreme pointlessness - fuck it, let's jail Tesco and Shoprite for selling booze 'n fags......

So sick of losers and wasters bringing their shit to our Island! Keep in your own back yard, and people here should see the bigger picture and the principle that this Island is getting worse because of this shit getting brought over here.......

Yes.

That's the kind of reasonable and thorough analysis technique that will eradicate this problem forever!

A bit of birching might help as well.

Boots sell it, up to a point, the 8/500 co-codamols they sell are 8mg of codeine per capsule, codeine metabolises into morphine in the body (albeit at a crappy 10% ratio), so you take co-codamols, you've had a little bit of that heroin pleasure already.

I got some Solpadeine Max or something in Boots last week after my prescription for painkillers ran out and I had to wait 2 weeks to get a doctor's appointment and from memory I think they were around the 12mg mark for the codeine. Yes, I checked and got the strongest I could because my back was in a lot of pain.

Move up a league to the 30/500 co-codamols (i.e. 30mg of codeine per capsule - prescription only for these babies!) - and you're actually getting into proper opiate territory,

Not sure exactly what my normal ones (50mg tramadol) equates to in terms of illicit drugs but they're fairly strong. Basically though they do actually work so I like them.

Have read a few nasty stories about people getting addicted to them and suffering withdrawal symptoms when they have to stop taking it after some time but there's none of that here. Sniff...

I got some Solpadeine Max or something in Boots last week after my prescription for painkillers ran out and I had to wait 2 weeks to get a doctor's appointment and from memory I think they were around the 12mg mark for the codeine. Yes, I checked and got the strongest I could because my back was in a lot of pain.

Move up a league to the 30/500 co-codamols (i.e. 30mg of codeine per capsule - prescription only for these babies!) - and you're actually getting into proper opiate territory,

Not sure exactly what my normal ones (50mg tramadol) equates to in terms of illicit drugs but they're fairly strong. Basically though they do actually work so I like them.

Have read a few nasty stories about people getting addicted to them and suffering withdrawal symptoms when they have to stop taking it after some time but there's none of that here. Sniff...

My advice as someone who has had a long term relationship with prescription painkillers is don't get involved with tramadol unless you don't have much else to do in your day

I ruptured 2 vertebrae years ago and have suffered a host of related ailments since. My pain relief has included morphine, pethadine, codine, co-codamol, solpadine, kapake etc.

I got Tramadol by accident after setting fire to my leg in Thailand (not on purpose ) and it fucked me up more than any of the other stuff: i.e difficult to function on and very depressing to come off. I binned the last lot once the pain stopped

We should have a straight choice as a consumer, whether using drugs for pleasure or pain relief.

Branding one group of drug users as criminals whilst taxing another for what is, essentially a similar experience cannot be considered fair or balanced

Archived