[BBC News] Man, 35, arrested over drugs find

Newsbot

Cheers for the heads up Cheeky Boy.

I did a fair bit of digging before having these buggers as I like to know what it is I'm ingesting with these things, and there were a lot of unpleasant stories about them.

I've had them on & off since last summer so for the better part of a year now, and on the two occasions when I had to stop I wasn't remotely suffering from the withdrawal symptoms a lot of people described.

Other stuff doesn't seem to work quite as well for the pain but it's finally getting to the point where it's beginning to improve, so with a bit of luck I will be able to slow down on the pharmaceuticals. That said, the dose on mine is 8 a day and I tend to take a lot less than that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone actually considered that due to the number of arrest, the amounts found and the numbers these low life scag heads in prison, it may actually be down to the police doing their job and catching them more efficiently and not down to an increase in users.

Has anyone actually considered that due to the number of arrest, the amounts found and the numbers these low life scag heads in prison, it may actually be down to the police doing their job and catching them more efficiently and not down to an increase in users.

No, I haven't. But I have considered that any increase in users may actually be down to the army making a right pig's ear of things in Afghanistan. The army may build character but the characters are still incompetent buffoons.

Another person from the "Liverpool area". They should consider an island wide scouser ban.

Anyone caught with a perm and tracksuit combination should just be banged up on site.

I'm from Liverpool dipshit, and I work at Nobles.

Maybe you can share your thoughts with the next Scouse nurse you or yours may need attention from?

Good post btw House.

Meh.

I don't buy it.

Have you never read Trainspotting? :o

I know that Tramadol is pretty strong, but not as effective or quite as addictive as morphine. Paramedics gave Tramadol because there are less protocols involved in issuing it than morphine, but they're now moving towards morphine as the norm.

Apparently the street value of tramadol is more than that of morphine.

Tough! I'm not selling mine. It's mine I tell you, MINE!

Is that really true though? I'd never actually heard of it until I got prescibed it last summer for my back. It's certainly helped a lot more than anything else I've had for it, but I am wary about the stuff.

Tough! I'm not selling mine. It's mine I tell you, MINE!

Is that really true though? I'd never actually heard of it until I got prescibed it last summer for my back. It's certainly helped a lot more than anything else I've had for it, but I am wary about the stuff.

If you take Tramadols for your back pain, you're a patient.

Give them to someone else, and you're dealing Class B drugs, so you go to jail as a drug dealer, and the recipient goes to jail as a drug addict.

Some pain is 'obvious,' do your back in, hideous cancers, give birth to a child, all that kind of stuff, and the best painkillers are readily on offer, your doctor just fills in a form.

There are huge numbers of people who self-medicate a massive variety of 'less obvious' conditions (usually mental illnesses) with drugs, in some cases they stay on the right side of the law and generate lots of lovely tax revenue (hello alcoholics!), but in many other cases they're simply branded as useless junkies, and get sent to jail at massive expense to the taxpayer, whilst no one ever makes even the vaguest effort to look at the underlying causes.

Our drug laws are so far past fucked-up I find it hard to even raise enough emotional reaction to treat them with contempt, but when something is this fucked up, it's important to maintain a healthy level of contempt.

Do something worthwhile today - take some drugs.

I won't lie - they aren't unpleasant (although they make my skin itch sometimes), but I would rather have a spine that is in better condition and not have to have these as it's not fun having to rely on stuff like this and keep going to the doctor.

Why don't we just prescribe Heroin, Cocaine, Cannabis, Steroids, Tobacco, Alcohol, Ecstacy, or, my personal favourite GHB, free to anyone who wants it ?.

Great big skips full of the stuff placed all over the place free for everyone to come along and help themsleves. Magic.

Why don't we just prescribe Heroin, Cocaine, Cannabis, Steroids, Tobacco, Alcohol, Ecstacy, or, my personal favourite GHB, free to anyone who wants it ?.

Great big skips full of the stuff placed all over the place free for everyone to come along and help themsleves. Magic.

If they'd have done this 100 years ago then we wouldn't have a drug problem now.

If you take Tramadols for your back pain, you're a patient.

Give them to someone else, and you're dealing Class B drugs, so you go to jail as a drug dealer, and the recipient goes to jail as a drug addict.

Some pain is 'obvious,' do your back in, hideous cancers, give birth to a child, all that kind of stuff, and the best painkillers are readily on offer, your doctor just fills in a form.

There are huge numbers of people who self-medicate a massive variety of 'less obvious' conditions (usually mental illnesses) with drugs, in some cases they stay on the right side of the law and generate lots of lovely tax revenue (hello alcoholics!), but in many other cases they're simply branded as useless junkies, and get sent to jail at massive expense to the taxpayer, whilst no one ever makes even the vaguest effort to look at the underlying causes.

Our drug laws are so far past fucked-up I find it hard to even raise enough emotional reaction to treat them with contempt, but when something is this fucked up, it's important to maintain a healthy level of contempt.

Do something worthwhile today - take some drugs.

What? Very convoluted. Firstly, there is the huge problem of social problems causing medical ones, and its difficult to see how that bridge could be gapped. For example, someone becoming an alcoholic is a social problem, but solving it is a medical one, or at least its presumed to be. Few have much respect for alcoholics, but you can't criticise the policy of looking up drug addicts (even though they have committed a criminal offence) and then claim it is inequitus that we don't treat alcoholics the same way.

Your 'huge' numbers of people self-medicating, for your scenario to have any validity, must also have self-diagnosed. Is that not the most dangerous aspect? You assertion that we accept addicts who pay substantial taxes is inaccurate; health services don't exactly skimp on the 'awareness' campaigns. Instead, the acceptance is a result of cultural entrenchment.

Do you actually have any ideas as to how to deal with these, or is it more your thing to just angrily identify problems?

Archived