[BBC News] Man, 35, arrested over drugs find

Newsbot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've recently seen an intelligent and articulate young man virtually throw his future away because a 'friend' introduced him to a few illegal substances.

He didn't have to take the drugs it was his choice, unless you have proof he was held down and the drugs forced upon him, if he was stupid enough to take them then I have no sympathy, if he was as articulate and intelligent as you say he should have known better, there is no excuse for stupidity. :whatever:

I've recently seen an intelligent and articulate young man virtually throw his future away because a 'friend' introduced him to a few illegal substances.

He didn't have to take the drugs it was his choice, unless you have proof he was held down and the drugs forced upon him, if he was stupid enough to take them then I have no sympathy, if he was as articulate and intelligent as you say he should have known better, there is no excuse for stupidity. :whatever:

You're all heart, aren't you? (Apart from the very obvious dick head, that is).

What drug problem, the isle of man does not have a drug problem :D
Meh.

I don't buy it.

Morhpine/diamorphine/heroin (all very closely related) are legal and illegal at the same time.

Get yourself into hospital with severe pain (childbirth, crapped out back, all kinds of cancers, all other flavours of serious illnesses) and you'll be shot up with diamorphine, which is, if you want to put a name to it, heroin.

Why heroin?

Because it's a massively effective painkillker - pretty much the best that mankind has ever discovered.

Boots sell it, up to a point, the 8/500 co-codamols they sell are 8mg of codeine per capsule, codeine metabolises into morphine in the body (albeit at a crappy 10% ratio), so you take co-codamols, you've had a little bit of that heroin pleasure already.

Move up a league to the 30/500 co-codamols (i.e. 30mg of codeine per capsule - prescription only for these babies!) - and you're actually getting into proper opiate territory, it's possible to ingest a 'high' amount of codeine (which metabolises to morphine which is basically heroin) without shagging yourself out on the paracetamol (which is very bad for the liver in overdose).

Go a step further to cold water extraction techniques, and you can get pretty close to the real thing.

So the question is, at which point does someone need to be locked away? When do they become a risk to society?

You can get pretty close to medicinal morphine (heroin) by doing enough shopping at chemists and a bit of research, opiates are opiates, and they've been an incredibly compelling human desire for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin

Shock horror folks - some people like to get high from time to time. Be it booze or fags or evil ILLEGAL DRUGS like speed or heroin (even though both are often legally prescribed under different names) - it's never going to go away, and it doesn't have to mean the end of the world, and locking people up simply for wanting to feel a certain way when they do no harm to any other during the process, is surely a very shitty societal decision.

We still allow people to dig themselves into an early grave via smoking (but only outside!) and via booze (pay your fucking taxes on the way!) - I don't see how other drugs deserve the distinction whereby the users and distributors get sent to jail in an act of supreme pointlessness - fuck it, let's jail Tesco and Shoprite for selling booze 'n fags......

So sick of losers and wasters bringing their shit to our Island! Keep in your own back yard, and people here should see the bigger picture and the principle that this Island is getting worse because of this shit getting brought over here.......
Why don't we just prescribe Heroin, Cocaine, Cannabis, Steroids, Tobacco, Alcohol, Ecstacy, or, my personal favourite GHB, free to anyone who wants it ?.

Great big skips full of the stuff placed all over the place free for everyone to come along and help themsleves. Magic.

one problem with drugs being illegal is that it makes them expensive! they are not that expensive at all in real terms. because of this the cost to end users is disproportionately 'high' ( pun intended ). in the main the people that cause the problem with drugs are the lower income/ benefits folk that can't afford the stuff so turn to crime to fund their habbits which is when it affects the rest of society in a bad way and the druggies become a problem. i'm all for giving drugs to those who want it to cut the crime against others that is associated with druggies, but that would only add to society's problems in the long run treating even more druggies with similar problems to alchys at government expense. give em enough to overdose and they are no problem to society.
Everyone should take shitloads of CAKE and get fucked and bombed.

I'll enter the nightmare of cake!

Sometimes I get a bad case of Shatner's Bassoon as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0GxUxKZdHk

What's so hard about this? Why are so many people being so stupid?

Some people like to take drugs. It doesn't make them evil, it just makes them human, why the fuck lock them up at everyone else's expense?

If you don't hurt anyone else by your actions, you should be free to do as you choose.

Also, thebees is the coolest.

Great site :cool:

Straight forward answer here, but covering a few different areas and open for discussion.

=========

Rid yourselves of the dealers first by providing free drugs through a Government department after registering.

Provide sheltered housing.

Provide Counseling and health care services

=========

What will this achieve?

Drug dealers would reduce considerably IMO as the 'regular users' would not require their services

Those unable to afford drugs, would be able to get them free and therefore not have to offend to pay for the drugs. (IMO offending rate will reduce)

The Government would know exactly who is on their books.

Sheltered housing (why not use the old prison?) which could be adapted to provide basic needs. (saves needles or such like about the place)

Counseling services would be there to assist them and encourage them to come off any drugs-if they want to.

Health care would provide assistance and advice

Ok, Ive put a few suggestions up for discussion and I think that theres some valid points, some points which will irritate others :angry: and some points which will scare the crap out of the Government :ermm:

Remember that if you dont agree, then say why you dont agree and suggest alternatives

What drug problem, the isle of man does not have a drug problem :D
Meh.

I don't buy it.

Morhpine/diamorphine/heroin (all very closely related) are legal and illegal at the same time.

Get yourself into hospital with severe pain (childbirth, crapped out back, all kinds of cancers, all other flavours of serious illnesses) and you'll be shot up with diamorphine, which is, if you want to put a name to it, heroin.

Why heroin?

Because it's a massively effective painkillker - pretty much the best that mankind has ever discovered.

Boots sell it, up to a point, the 8/500 co-codamols they sell are 8mg of codeine per capsule, codeine metabolises into morphine in the body (albeit at a crappy 10% ratio), so you take co-codamols, you've had a little bit of that heroin pleasure already.

Move up a league to the 30/500 co-codamols (i.e. 30mg of codeine per capsule - prescription only for these babies!) - and you're actually getting into proper opiate territory, it's possible to ingest a 'high' amount of codeine (which metabolises to morphine which is basically heroin) without shagging yourself out on the paracetamol (which is very bad for the liver in overdose).

Go a step further to cold water extraction techniques, and you can get pretty close to the real thing.

So the question is, at which point does someone need to be locked away? When do they become a risk to society?

You can get pretty close to medicinal morphine (heroin) by doing enough shopping at chemists and a bit of research, opiates are opiates, and they've been an incredibly compelling human desire for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin

Shock horror folks - some people like to get high from time to time. Be it booze or fags or evil ILLEGAL DRUGS like speed or heroin (even though both are often legally prescribed under different names) - it's never going to go away, and it doesn't have to mean the end of the world, and locking people up simply for wanting to feel a certain way when they do no harm to any other during the process, is surely a very shitty societal decision.

We still allow people to dig themselves into an early grave via smoking (but only outside!) and via booze (pay your fucking taxes on the way!) - I don't see how other drugs deserve the distinction whereby the users and distributors get sent to jail in an act of supreme pointlessness - fuck it, let's jail Tesco and Shoprite for selling booze 'n fags......

So sick of losers and wasters bringing their shit to our Island! Keep in your own back yard, and people here should see the bigger picture and the principle that this Island is getting worse because of this shit getting brought over here.......
Why don't we just prescribe Heroin, Cocaine, Cannabis, Steroids, Tobacco, Alcohol, Ecstacy, or, my personal favourite GHB, free to anyone who wants it ?.

Great big skips full of the stuff placed all over the place free for everyone to come along and help themsleves. Magic.

one problem with drugs being illegal is that it makes them expensive! they are not that expensive at all in real terms. because of this the cost to end users is disproportionately 'high' ( pun intended ). in the main the people that cause the problem with drugs are the lower income/ benefits folk that can't afford the stuff so turn to crime to fund their habbits which is when it affects the rest of society in a bad way and the druggies become a problem. i'm all for giving drugs to those who want it to cut the crime against others that is associated with druggies, but that would only add to society's problems in the long run treating even more druggies with similar problems to alchys at government expense. give em enough to overdose and they are no problem to society.
Everyone should take shitloads of CAKE and get fucked and bombed.

I'll enter the nightmare of cake!

Sometimes I get a bad case of Shatner's Bassoon as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0GxUxKZdHk

What's so hard about this? Why are so many people being so stupid?

Some people like to take drugs. It doesn't make them evil, it just makes them human, why the fuck lock them up at everyone else's expense?

If you don't hurt anyone else by your actions, you should be free to do as you choose.

Also, thebees is the coolest.

Straight forward answer here, but covering a few different areas and open for discussion.

=========

Rid yourselves of the dealers first by providing free drugs through a Government department after registering.

=========

What will this achieve?

Drug dealers would reduce considerably IMO as the 'regular users' would not require their services

Those unable to afford drugs, would be able to get them free and therefore not have to offend to pay for the drugs. (IMO offending rate will reduce)

Sheltered housing (why not use the old prison?) which could be adapted to provide basic needs. (saves needles or such like about the place)

Counseling services would be there to assist them and encourage them to come off any drugs-if they want to.

Ok, Ive put a few suggestions up for discussion and I think that theres some valid points, some points which will irritate others :angry: and some points which will scare the crap out of the Government :ermm:

Remember that if you dont agree, then say why you dont agree and suggest alternatives

All out of the hard working everyday TAX payers money... Perhaps tuck them in at night also?

Sorry, I see your points and they are valid but for the amount that this would have to cover who would you suggest do the funding? It would be you and I buddy which in effect would make us the pusher...

You're all heart, aren't you? (Apart from the very obvious dick head, that is).

If having no sympathy for those who take drugs and ruin the lives of their families makes me a dickhead then so be it and as for being all heart, not a chance, as I have said before "Anyone looking for sympathy try in the dictionary between shit and syphilis. I don't do compassion."

_pele_

=========

=========

What will this achieve?

All out of the hard working everyday TAX payers money... Perhaps tuck them in at night also?

Sorry, I see your points and they are valid but for the amount that this would have to cover who would you suggest do the funding? It would be you and I buddy which in effect would make us the pusher...

Good solid point Godfather and I fully understand where your coming from.

My initial thoughts are that some people are unable to get or hold down a job due to various problems and therefore reducing or deducting their benefits would be a starting point.

I am 'supposing,' that there would be a reduction in crime, which would benefit everyone in the long run

For instance; the drug dealers that come across, get caught and reside in prison for years and years is a huge drain on our resources and taxes, not to mention the damage which is caused be the offending person trying to obtain sufficient monies from their victims who face an unforgettable traumatic time. (talking about burglary there)

So I can see your point Godfather and it is a good point, but it seems that the tax payers will be paying for drug users, one way or the other and this quick fix idea is undoubtedly full of holes, but it also shows a different viewpoint that may or may not have been thought out before.

Archived