Euromanx

local skeet

Airline directors filed for voluntary liquidation at 6.25am on Friday, just two minutes after its remaining aircraft took off from Ronaldsway, heading for Flybe's maintenance facility at Exeter to join EuroManx's other leased Dash 8 plane

Very fall of Hanoi.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airline directors filed for voluntary liquidation at 6.25am on Friday, just two minutes after its remaining aircraft took off from Ronaldsway, heading for Flybe's maintenance facility at Exeter to join EuroManx's other leased Dash 8 plane

Very fall of Hanoi Saigon

Corrected! Right country - wrong capital!!

We've been stung by this on our Euromanx flights in June. Flybe don't have any allocation left of their plane so we have no alternative but to get the Seacat at extra cost to make connecting flights.

We paid by credit card and are £160 out of pocket. When we called the card company they fobbed us off with the excuse that it's in the hands of the liquidators now and that if we sent receipts they'd fight our case and try and get a refund. From my small knowledge on liquidation this may take months or years(?) and don't certain creditors get preference first - especially if there ar 40,000 of them! Do we just wait or....

Is this right? I'm reading about the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and it says protection applies if:

the goods cost between £100 and £30,000

the goods were bought on a credit card (not a charge or debit card)

after a recent court ruling, this protection applies whether you bought the goods in the UK or abroad.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does it apply on the IOM? Is there a copy of the IOM Consumer Credit Act avaiable online?

Cheers.

We've been stung by this on our Euromanx flights in June. Flybe don't have any allocation left of their plane so we have no alternative but to get the Seacat at extra cost to make connecting flights.

We paid by credit card and are £160 out of pocket. When we called the card company they fobbed us off with the excuse that it's in the hands of the liquidators now and that if we sent receipts they'd fight our case and try and get a refund. From my small knowledge on liquidation this may take months or years(?) and don't certain creditors get preference first - especially if there ar 40,000 of them! Do we just wait or....

Is this right? I'm reading about the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and it says protection applies if:

the goods cost between £100 and £30,000

the goods were bought on a credit card (not a charge or debit card)

after a recent court ruling, this protection applies whether you bought the goods in the UK or abroad.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does it apply on the IOM? Is there a copy of the IOM Consumer Credit Act avaiable online?

Cheers.

i'm wondering why it shouldn't apply? but why don't you just book a nearer flight rather than one on the day? all your taxes have been paid so you ought to only have to pay for the flight itself which is probably not more than £50 before the tax ( that you have paid and your worthless ticket proves ) perhaps you can claim the tax part back from the government??

i'm wondering why it shouldn't apply? but why don't you just book a nearer flight rather than one on the day? all your taxes have been paid so you ought to only have to pay for the flight itself which is probably not more than £50 before the tax ( that you have paid and your worthless ticket proves ) perhaps you can claim the tax part back from the government??

We can't really change the date as we're getting married the day before and it's our connecting flight for honeymoon. Flybe actually have empty seats on the flight we want but you have to pay for those, they won't give us seats to honour EM because their 'allocation' has already been filled. We looked at booking from scratch and it was costing a small fortune + the money we lost to EM, so we opted to go on the seacat and get a train to manchester.

I'm just glad that I slacked off on making a decision about booking flights to London in July.

Slinky, I thought the credit card protection was designed for just this very thing. Get a claim in pronto.

We can't really change the date as we're getting married the day before and it's our connecting flight for honeymoon. Flybe actually have empty seats on the flight we want but you have to pay for those, they won't give us seats to honour EM because their 'allocation' has already been filled. We looked at booking from scratch and it was costing a small fortune + the money we lost to EM, so we opted to go on the seacat and get a train to manchester.

Your contract was with EM so it is unlikely that you will be successful with WTF's suggestion of claiming from a third party, (government or airport authority). Especially, as that third party has not been paid by EM.

It might be worth writing to Flybe, (try Jim French, Chairman and CEO), and explaining your special circumstances. They may make an exception.

Cheers.

Secured creditors get first dibs.

Preferential get second dibs.

Unsecured get the leftovers!!! That's where the fare paying passengers fit in.

I guess you can work out for yourself that the unsecured creditors will get jack.

EUROMANX ARE BLOODY SHITE - FUCKED UP EVERYTHING LOST MY CONNECTING FLIGHTS TO MY HOLIDAY, NOW GOTTA HAVE 2 OVERNIGHT - WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!! GET AN INTERNATIONAL COMPANY OVER HERE THAT WONT RIP US OF - EASYJET WOULD BE NICE.

SICK OF THE EFFING MONOPOLY OVER HERE - YEAH MANX TELECOM MAY HAVE 'COMPETITION' BUT NOT REALLY AS THE CUNTS WONT LET YOU KEEP YOUR FUCKING NUMBER WHEN YOU MOVE TO SURE - WHO ARE BIGGER BETTER, AND SOOO MUCH CHEAPER.

I HATE MT AND THE GENERAL MANX MONOPOLY OVER HERE.

WHAT A JOKE!

AND FOR THE RECORD I AM MANX.

I agree about MT and doubt (know) that EasyJet just would not be interested.

Boat in the morning (maybe) - I took it in 1986.

damn i love this place but i tell ya what the shit that we all put up with, everyone's had it their way for too long n need to take a step back n see that ACTUALLY we have the right to choose, and will - id rather do without these days that give my money to any of the money grabbing monopoly loving bastards here.

bitter - just a bit!!

VLM multiple departures to IOM?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning all.

Looking at the LCY Dep and Arr info on thier website I see a number of VLM flights to the Isle of Man..

Arr.

VG661 10:20

VG663A 14:50

VG665 17:50

VG669A 20:30

Dep.

VG662A 10:50

VG666 15:20

VG670 21:00

The correspnding info at Ronaldsway does not reflect this at all. Does anyone know what is going on with the LCY route?

Kind regards, Richard

Archived