Euromanx

local skeet

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Flybe number is continually engaged!

Having the same problem - been trying all day! :angry:

Finally got through after being on hold for 15 minutes.

We have a flight to Liverpool at the end of June which they have sorted, but out return flight is from London on 1st July which they said there is nothing they can do - only re-booking flights from London until the end of May!

Anyone know what other options I have, if any at all?!

The Flybe number is continually engaged!

Don't give up. I got through eventually, after waiting for a good 20 minutes. I had flights booked to see the Foo Fighters on Monday 2nd June, but Flybe have no allocation left for seats out on the 2nd and back on the 3rd.

I contacted my bank regarding return of my funds and they said it should be OK, but I'll have to wait about 100 days... <_<

Anyone interested in 2 tickets for the Foo Fighters in Manchester? :(

From the BBC

Tony Brown:

"Government's immediate priority is to assist passengers...and we will be doing all we can to help them find alternative arrangements."

Anyone know exactly what they are doing to help us find "alternative arrangements"?

Anyone know exactly what they are doing to help us find "alternative arrangements"?

Get used to the old fashioned manx way of doing politics - sitting for ages with your thumb up your bum, occasionally blathering nice sentiment on the radio, whilst working out who you can blame.

http://www.steam-packet.com/SteamPacket/Im...ws+12.05.08.htm

Does this mean the steam packet are taking Euromanx passenger for free or not.....?

Or are they just 'reminding' us that there is a boat in the morning.

ISLE OF MAN STEAM PACKET COMPANY OFFERS ASSISTANCE AFTER CLOSURE OF EUROMANX

In light of the difficulties being experienced by air passengers following the announcement that Isle of Man-based EuroManx has ceased operations, Isle of Man Steam Packet Company is advising those who are unable to source alternative air travel that it has excess capacity on its twice daily return services to Liverpool and Heysham.

Chief Executive Mark Woodward explained: "We appreciate that some passengers who had booked with EuroManx may be experiencing problems in arranging alternative travel. Hopefully, the tremendous efforts by everyone at Isle of Man Airport and the other airlines, who stepped in to help fill the void left by EuroManx ceasing operations, will address the situation.

"However, if any passengers are unable to source adequate alternative air travel, we are looking at options to help. Viking is scheduled to operate the vast majority of Liverpool sailings, but Snaefell, which re-enters service on Monday (May 12) is scheduled to operate a limited number. We do have the option of utilising the larger Viking to replace Snaefell on those sailings, should the demand be there."

Continues:-

Mr Woodward added: 'We have been in touch with the Department of Health and Social Security to discuss whether we can be of assistance with patient transfers to and from UK hospitals.

"We have also contacted the Department of Trade and Industry and passed on details of our current job vacancies, which the Department has forwarded to EuroManx staff."

EUROMANX ARE BLOODY SHITE - FUCKED UP EVERYTHING LOST MY CONNECTING FLIGHTS TO MY HOLIDAY, NOW GOTTA HAVE 2 OVERNIGHT - WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!! GET AN INTERNATIONAL COMPANY OVER HERE THAT WONT RIP US OF - EASYJET WOULD BE NICE.

SICK OF THE EFFING MONOPOLY OVER HERE - YEAH MANX TELECOM MAY HAVE 'COMPETITION' BUT NOT REALLY AS THE CUNTS WONT LET YOU KEEP YOUR FUCKING NUMBER WHEN YOU MOVE TO SURE - WHO ARE BIGGER BETTER, AND SOOO MUCH CHEAPER.

I HATE MT AND THE GENERAL MANX MONOPOLY OVER HERE.

WHAT A JOKE!

AND FOR THE RECORD I AM MANX.

It was competition that led to Euromanx going under.

The government did all it could to secure the future of EuroManx before its collapse, chief minister Tony Brown says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7398331.stm

How can you suggest in one breath that you didn't know the extent of their troubles until October and in the other admit that by November they owed over 850 grand in unpaid landing fees, tax, and NI?

Surely if it owed that much and kept having its credit extended your just putting off the inevitable? It looks like the government didn't want to be the one that pulled the plug and sent it under and then got shafted for its trouble.

VLM multiple departures to IOM?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning all.

Looking at the LCY Dep and Arr info on thier website I see a number of VLM flights to the Isle of Man..

Arr.

VG661 10:20

VG663A 14:50

VG665 17:50

VG669A 20:30

Dep.

VG662A 10:50

VG666 15:20

VG670 21:00

The correspnding info at Ronaldsway does not reflect this at all. Does anyone know what is going on with the LCY route?

Kind regards, Richard

It's actually Eastern Airways that are doing the flights (IATA Code T3).

Nothing on their website tho however promising as it looks as though there is going to be London City flights again shortly, and at decent times.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are VLM flights at the same time so it seems to be a codeshare between the two airlines, but with the original VLM flight going.

Expect an announcement tomorrow?

Everyone, EMX staff included, were told the aircraft was going to Exeter for a routine maintenance check last Friday - EMX pilots flew it there - I wonder if they knew ??. There was no reason for the aircraft to be impounded as up until it was airborne, the airline was still in business.

Had the plane been impounded when the airline was still in business then I'm sure the Govt would have been blamed for it's failure. The debt should never have been left to get that big.

Mr Seymour left the IOM on a Flybe flight to Manchester yesterday, being waved off by a number of his former employees - at least I think they were waves.

From the BBC

Tony Brown:

"Government's immediate priority is to assist passengers...and we will be doing all we can to help them find alternative arrangements."

Whatever needs to be done. I expect they've set up a high level COMIN commitee to investigate the matter, which will meet whilst the DOT minister is in Belgium and declare that everything that can possibly be done has already been done. In fact whatever needs to be done was going to be done anyway and plans were in place to do it, whatever it is, in the normal course of events long before Euromanx went bust or indeed powered flight was invented. These plans are so deep rooted that they were carved in runic charecters by Charles Kerruish himself in 625, unfortunately the only person who could read this inscription left the Island at 623, but just as soon as they have a translation they are sure it will say that whatever needs to be done will have been done already because it is the Government's immediate priority.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there!

Archived