Euromanx

local skeet

I didn't manage to catch the whole of the Sunday Opinion programme today, but what I heard while in the car from Mrs Reynolds made me wonder even more who is responsible for policy and who is responsible for running the airport within that policy? She seemed to talk at length about policy issues, whereas the politician (the clue is in the name) was pretty quiet about policy.

This is not to say that Mrs R is responsible in any way for the Euromanx debacle, but it does make you wonder just how savvy our politicos really are. (Darn, I have just answered my own question, but that is rhetoric for you.)

Nail on the head comes to mind, the Tynwald numbnuts are merely blank cheque signatories for a massive ego ! as an MHK said to me and I quote " I know we are only doing all this for her CV "

The airport has another financial disaster written all over it and it is time we had politicians who gave public money the respect it deserves.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am going to write to my MHK about this topic, this any know where their contact details can be found not on their profiles on the tynwald site :(

What is it you want to know?

email address for Bill Malarkey, my washing machine needs fixing heard he knows a thing or 2 about them.

recon hes the better bet than david 'its great' cretney

• 2 weeks later...

did anyone hear the Keys questions today ?

Peter Karren asking if any criminal proceedings should be brought against the owners of euromanx due to them liquidating the company minutes after HBB left the island. The attorney general replied that euromanx had or has not been liquidated.

can anyone explain this stance to me and peter karran??

even if the company has not been liquidated they premeditated the removal from manx airspace their only asset and then ceased operations leaving the IoM airport and government holding only their cocks!

Hmmm technicalities and semantics..... I'm no expert but isn't liquidation when the directors hand over power to a liquidator whose job it is to gather as much (any) money he can to pay off creditors? At the time of doing the runner with the non-asset, I think a liquidator hadn't been appointed as the gov say they didn't even know what was going on. I suppose it's akin to being hit with three torpedos but then saying 'we haven't sunk' ie only a matter of time and a technicality.

Triskelion - not an asset? why was it leased or something? Do tell us more. One thing is for sure, it's not an asset now.

For info..

I called Flybe today to ask when are they launching their winter schedule, as I have Euromanx flights for Christmas I would like to swap over to Flybe.

Anyway the schedule is due out the last week in June...which means I will have x days to try and get thro' and book!!...probably at £1 per minute like todays call cost!!!

For info..

I called Flybe today to ask when are they launching their winter schedule, as I have Euromanx flights for Christmas I would like to swap over to Flybe.

Anyway the schedule is due out the last week in June...which means I will have x days to try and get thro' and book!!...probably at £1 per minute like todays call cost!!!

go to the flight support desk at the airport, they will sort you out.

@triskelion

true plane wasnt owned by euromanx at the time but it could have certainly been used as lever to prevent the staff and suppliers from going unpaid. business is a cut throat world and that aircraft could have made the owners of euromanx sweat very nicely but our airport director missed another trick there.

the one remaining asset, the euromanx building is for sale owned by a company that shares directors with euromanx and a market value of just under the amount owed the IoM government.

chrystals link

For info..

From the flybe website:

Bookings.

Telephone: 0871 700 2000 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher)

Republic of Ireland: 00 44 1392 268500

Outside the UK: 00 44 1392 268500

Bookings, changes and specific requirements.

Telephone: 0871 700 2000 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher)

Republic of Ireland: 00 44 1392 268513

Outside the UK: 00 44 13 922 685 13

As with all 'National Rate' 0871 numbers, calls to the Flybe on the 0871 number are charged at 10p per minute, not £1 per minute.

The 'outside the UK' numbers are cheaper still, or depending on your MT tariff, free.

I can't recall the exact time frame during which those holding EMX bookings must call Flybe to swap over, but, if you were to call the day the Winter Schedule is released, there will be very few people booked ahead of you and you would, I assume, stand an excellent chance of getting the flights you want.

Bob.

I have just phoned to ask about the Winter timetable as it is only 5 days to go until the 30th June deadline for transfering the flights.

The person on the phone told me that we will have 3 weeks to transfer them after the timetable is issued end of june/beginning of July.

Hope this helps someone.

Archived