Euromanx

local skeet

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For info..

I called Flybe today to ask when are they launching their winter schedule, as I have Euromanx flights for Christmas I would like to swap over to Flybe.

Anyway the schedule is due out the last week in June...which means I will have x days to try and get thro' and book!!...probably at £1 per minute like todays call cost!!!

From the flybe website:

Bookings.

Telephone: 0871 700 2000 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher)

Republic of Ireland: 00 44 1392 268500

Outside the UK: 00 44 1392 268500

Bookings, changes and specific requirements.

Telephone: 0871 700 2000 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher)

Republic of Ireland: 00 44 1392 268513

Outside the UK: 00 44 13 922 685 13

As with all 'National Rate' 0871 numbers, calls to the Flybe on the 0871 number are charged at 10p per minute, not £1 per minute.

The 'outside the UK' numbers are cheaper still, or depending on your MT tariff, free.

I can't recall the exact time frame during which those holding EMX bookings must call Flybe to swap over, but, if you were to call the day the Winter Schedule is released, there will be very few people booked ahead of you and you would, I assume, stand an excellent chance of getting the flights you want.

Bob.

Plus you could ring their general enquiries number 01392 366 669 or customer call centre 01392 268 529

Same here, but it took me only 10 minutes. I waited at the end of the process for the request for my card details to pay what I thought would be the additional fare, and after a moment's silence I asked whether they wanted a payment. The very helpful person said no, they were honouring EM's obligations and no extra charge. Fantastic!

We got very close timings on flights and even got a better return flight time, seeing as we return to the IOM on New Year's Eve. I am very relieved, as this was to hook up for a week in Tenerife with some other families over the Christmas period.

Credit where credit is due, it was painless and there was none of the expected underhand tactics to screw more fare out of me. Flybe have risen considerably in my view, bearing in mind that they now operate an effective monopoly for the IOM; they have acted honourably and reasonably. Oodles of brownie points earned in the Gladys household!

I still would like some of the questions I posed on how the IOM Government handled EM's demise to be answered, however.

I got thro after about 20 minutes. Didnt manage to get the Saturday flight all the free allocation had gone) from the Island I needed but got the return flight in January. Had to pay 70 quid or so.

Couple of questions tho; can anyone advise please? Called my credit card company to claim the difference in flights but they said they weren't covered and to try my travel insurance - anyone done this?

I wasnt asked about baggage for my free flight - anyone else been asked? Only asking as it cost me 7.99 (I think) for my flight back - will I have to pay at the airport - dont mind just want to know.

But thanks to flybe for the help that they have given.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received an email to notify me that PWC were appointed provisional liquidators and receivers on 10 July by the High Court. Although there is no statement of affairs as yet, they do not anticipate paying out unsecured creditors.

Well, there you go.

I have just received an email to notify me that PWC were appointed provisional liquidators and receivers on 10 July by the High Court. Although there is no statement of affairs as yet, they do not anticipate paying out unsecured creditors.

Well, there you go.

Yep we got the same email Gladys - always knew we would be at the bottom of the pile of creditors - bah!

Archived