Euromanx

local skeet

It cost you a fortune to get anywhere and they were worse at combining flights than Flybe.

But you did get a scone with clotted cream. That was cool.

not forgetting the three legged chocolates :P

Mmmm the scones and the chocolate were good....

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All a terrible shame, but an indicator that we probably don't really need a runway extension for the amount of traffic we generate. We are unlikely to need expansion when you look at the non existent plans for tourism and commerce which our government have.

All a terrible shame, but an indicator that we probably don't really need a runway extension for the amount of traffic we generate. We are unlikely to need expansion when you look at the non existent plans for tourism and commerce which our government have.

Yes, it should be down to Government to do everything.

Yes, it should be down to Government to do everything.

Well it is down to the government to create the environment to enable successful trading! No individual can influence tourism or the economic viability of the Island, that is purely down to governmental policy. Unfortunately we have a government full of people without vision who believe every cockamamy thing that they are told by dubious consultancies, who are no cleverer than you or I!

Why is it only down to Government policy? Should Tynwald pass a law stating tourists and businesses should come here?

I'm sure the DTL and DTI would be only too happy to support any realistic initiatives, but there is scant evidence the Manx people are embued with any greater vision than that which they attribute their politicians.

Why is it only down to Government policy? Should Tynwald pass a law stating tourists and businesses should come here?

I'm sure the DTL and DTI would be only too happy to support any realistic initiatives, but there is scant evidence the Manx people are embued with any greater vision than that which they attribute their politicians.

You may be right but as I said the environment has to be right. There is a great deal of stifling of ideas if deemed to be 'ambitious'. The operating costs are so high on the Island and there is a shortage of available property allocated at affordable prices to enable businesses to be profitable unless they are awash with cash like the finance or gaming industries. The leisure industry is on its backside here for starters due to operating costs over potential income.

You may be right but as I said the environment has to be right. There is a great deal of stifling of ideas if deemed to be 'ambitious'. The operating costs are so high on the Island and there is a shortage of available property allocated at affordable prices to enable businesses to be profitable unless they are awash with cash like the finance or gaming industries. The leisure industry is on its backside here for starters due to operating costs over potential income.

....go to http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24504

From ManxRadio's website:

"The company has so far not responded to calls to clarify the situation - or give assurances on the future of the operation."

Oh dear - I have to book tickets soon, think I'll risk FlyMaybe. But never again via Manchester 'hell hole of an' airport :-(

From ManxRadio's website:

"The company has so far not responded to calls to clarify the situation - or give assurances on the future of the operation."

Oh dear - I have to book tickets soon, think I'll risk FlyMaybe. But never again via Manchester 'hell hole of an' airport :-(

From EnergyFm's site yesterday:

"Euromanx services to and from Liverpool and Manchester are subject to delays and cancellations again today.

Some flights to the two cities have been combined.

Anyone booked to travel should check ahead to see whether their trip is affected.

Company officials have been unavailable for comment.

It’s understood one of the two Dash 8 aircraft leased by the company is away for servicing at the Flybe Base in Exeter."[/i]

Aren't Flybe nice to service a competitor's aircraft????? :blink:

OE-HBC, the larger of Euromanx's two Dash Eight Aircraft went to Exeter two weeks ago to be prepared by Flybe Engineering for sale.

OE HBB, the smaller of the two is going to Exeter at the end of this week, again for sale, according to pilot sources at EMX.

Euromanx operate a three aircraft schedule - this week there have been only two aircraft flying the lines of work (their remaining Dash 8 OE-HBB and an Aer Arran ATR 72) hence the cancellation/combinations/delays. Aurigny were flying this third line of work last week using the Air Wales painted ATR 42 aircraft - they have now moved on. The bank holiday and foggy conditions masked the situation on Monday - so in fact they have been an aircraft down for the whole of this week.

One has to wonder why EMX have not been able to source a replacement aircraft there are after all plenty out there, and why there has been a deathly silence from the senior management in response to clarification of the current situation. Many companies on the island are waiting for assurances that future bookings will be honoured, these have not been forthcoming. Their reputation and customer base is crumbling before them yet they do nothing.

The writing is on the wall I'm afraid.

Bob.

OE-HBC, the larger of Euromanx's two Dash Eight Aircraft went to Exeter two weeks ago to be prepared by Flybe Engineering for sale.

OE HBB, the smaller of the two is going to Exeter at the end of this week, again for sale, according to pilot sources at EMX.

Euromanx operate a three aircraft schedule - this week there have been only two aircraft flying the lines of work (their remaining Dash 8 OE-HBB and an Aer Arran ATR 72) hence the cancellation/combinations/delays. Aurigny were flying this third line of work last week using the Air Wales painted ATR 42 aircraft - they have now moved on. The bank holiday and foggy conditions masked the situation on Monday - so in fact they have been an aircraft down for the whole of this week.

One has to wonder why EMX have not been able to source a replacement aircraft there are after all plenty out there, and why there has been a deathly silence from the senior management in response to clarification of the current situation. Many companies on the island are waiting for assurances that future bookings will be honoured, these have not been forthcoming. Their reputation and customer base is crumbling before them yet they do nothing.

The writing is on the wall I'm afraid.

Bob.

Do they only have three planes? If so, and they fail to sort this out then they will be gone by mid-summer. It's FlyBe for me next time, apart from anything else to avoid Manchester airport, probably I'll fly Grotwick.

They have only had two for the last three years - the Austrian registered Dash Eights. These two aircraft have been coveringn the Manchester, London City and Belfast flights. Aer Arran have been chartered to run the Liverpool servive using their ATR 72 which they had painted in Euromanx livery. Aer Arran plane and pilots, EMX cabin crew.

As of today, Euromanx have only one plane, and that's going in the next few days. The Aer Arran ATR is still here too.

Archived