Euromanx

local skeet

Do they only have three planes? If so, and they fail to sort this out then they will be gone by mid-summer. It's FlyBe for me next time, apart from anything else to avoid Manchester airport, probably I'll fly Grotwick.

The thing is, even with all their alleged problems, the Euromanx delays on foggy Monday were no as bad as Flybes. Until I hear anything concrete to the contrary I will be flying Euromanx.

GD4ELI - another alternative is VLM from LCY. VLM are a cracking airline and rarely delayed. Good on-board service too. Highly recommended.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope we don't lose Euromanx - compared with the competition they shine. We had the fantastic Hamilton Loomis here for the blues festival - he and the band flew over from Liverpool with Euromanx and thought they were 'a great airline'. After palying in Laxey on Friday night he flew to Manchester on saturday morning, to Chicago after that, then to Galverston and then drove and hour and a half to play a gig near Huston. He emailed us to say the only bad part of the trip was the Flybe flight from the island to Manchester and he suggested we never use them again due to the very restrictive rules on luggage - important if you are carrying your treasured guitar - and they way they charge for all drinks, even water. Other than that he loved the isle of man - be sure to see him if we manage to get him back here!

Darn shame if true. I always liked Euromanx.

Agreed - can't complain about the flights at all. It really will make travelling to the Island a pain if the things people say about FlyBe are at all true.

We are heading for the most expensive regional Island airport in the known universe in terms of infrastructure but with little or no appreciation of the economics of running passenger aircraft with a very small market. The happenings at the airport seem to wash over the pro development team who go on asking for more and more taxpayers money to develop the infrastructure. The same efforts need to be put into a cohesive strategy to ensure this sort of thing does not keep happening the taxpayer who is funding the airport is the same person who is receiving no service from it.

Archived