Euromanx

local skeet

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancy EM going pop! Even more surprising (but incredibly generous) is Flybe stepping in. And here was me thinking airlines didn't have a heart. If you didn't know better, you might think a deal had been done somewhere along the line!

:o

Hope those who work for them will find employment quickly.

I'm sure they will - there's usually a rapid turnover of staff.

So - FlyBe for the first time next time I visit the rock, hey-ho. It really is becoming a major hassle to come over these days...

There are 12 of us who have booked flights to Manchester at Christmas. Hmm, we'll see.

One hopes that Madam paid with her VISA card so that she's covered?

Those christmas bookings will be honoured by Flybe so they say.

Good on them for filling the breach, at least we now know where we stand and people can make informed decisions.

Good luck to those who have lost their jobs.

Bob

Those christmas bookings will be honoured by Flybe so they say.

Unless it's City, from the way I read their release.

I think City tickets are being used for Luton or Stanstead.

I travelled EuroManx < 2 weeks ago to get home to Switzerland - a close call!

There are 12 of us who have booked flights to Manchester at Christmas. Hmm, we'll see.

One hopes that Madam paid with her VISA card so that she's covered?

No, Madam did not, but the booking is for three families so not all mine. Hopefully, as Captain Bob mentioned, Flybe will convey us at the time!

Captain Bob,

Any news on whether the staff knew what was happening or were they kept in the dark?

I'm assuming that you might have some good knowledge of the situation....based on your previous posts of course!

No, friend of mine heard it on the radio on the way into work on arrival were told that there would be a meeting at 11 this morning.

Must admit, from my earlier post I was wrong!!!!!

When will our omnipotent government realise that an open skies policy just doesn’t work for a population of 80,000? Goodness, even the packet has a single user agreement on the linkspan.

Perhaps the proposed runway extension can be perfected further so it becomes a bridge? After all, if EM can’t keep a couple of Dash 8’s in the air in competition with Flybe and Manx 2, what hope for an A330 turning up? Let me guess, 80,000 package holidaymakers to Crete?

Good luck to the staff at EM, I hope you fair better than the former BA Connect staff did.

:(

There was woman on the bus this morning who received a telephone call after hearing it on the radio. What a way to hear about it!

The only reason that Flybe have stepped in is because if they didnt, everyone would view them as arseholes and they would lose out on alot of business.

Archived