Euromanx

local skeet

who ever posted a few pages back about fly maybe getting routes of eurowanx would appear to be correct. it is likely that fly maybe will just take over the operations/flights of the 'losers' that just suit themselves. soon the unions and DTI minister will be spouting off about how nobody told them and they didn't know blah de blah bollox BUT there is a bright side, 'freedom to flounder' etc etc. perhaps this is all part of the plan, we need a longer runway because there will be no viable commercial flights for ronaldsway, and no little planes either cos the landing fee doubled the day after tynwald promised to fund the 'wet dream' ( unnecessary runway extension for current and likely operations ) but the huge cargo planes bringing in humanitarian aid, food parcels etc for this 4th world bankrupt economy will need to land somewhere!!! Ms reynolds managed to leave sheffield airport in such a good condition that it is now shut as an airfield ( no longer financially viable ). so the track record is good. when this one is losing money big time it is the traxpayer ( like the mea situation) that will be bailing it out cos we can't afford to lose the only airport we have for pasengers.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't the runway extension more to do with increasing safety than addressing commercial concerns?

It's more about the Muppet government being mislead. It is not essential and without it the airport could continue to operate.

I'm fairly sure that those that worked for EMX knew something was iminent - it's all that's been talked about at the Airport for the last few weeks and on other forums such as pprune. Non who I've spoken too had been told anything official - even the senior managers who were left to fire fight this week. Certainly some of their Pilots and Cabin Crew have been looking elsewhere (down the corridor) for opportunities.

The offer to carry all stranded EMX pax for free I'm sure is a gesture aimed at winning back the good will lost by Flybe's 'difficult' start to operations here on the Isle of Man last summer. They could have charged a tenner per passenger and nobody would have grumbled.

Out of interest, whilst Flybe is a UK company, it does employ a large number of locals too. All of the fifteen Flybe Captains here are ex Manx Airlines, as are most of the senior Cabin Crew and all of the Engineers. They all live here on the Island.

The only reason that Flybe have stepped in is because if they didnt, everyone would view them as arseholes and they would lose out on alot of business.

I don't agree - it's excellent PR, I expect the airports to wave charges in this situation. Also Flybe have the capacity to do this.

I have been led to believe that they are likely to call in the administrators tomorrow.

Ikes i'm going to listen to my sources more - thought they were pulling my leg.

It is a shame - euromanx were a good airline.

I'm keen to see what the outcome is with regards to the city routes. I've never really understood why vlm flys over here in the morning, leaves the plane on the ground all day and flys back again in the evening - they could easily have filled a late morning and mid afternoon flight to and from.

Out of interest, whilst Flybe is a UK company, it does employ a large number of locals too. All of the fifteen Flybe Captains here are ex Manx Airlines, as are most of the senior Cabin Crew and all of the Engineers. They all live here on the Island.

With due respect, Captain Bob, I am not sure the 'large number' compares to that of BAcon while there was an Engineering base, Purchasing & Supplies, Accounts, ticketing, handling etc here that were made redundant because of Flymaybe's decision to move everthing to their sumptious facility in Exeter. Lest we not forget, Flybe have been no angels themselves when decision making.

Isn't the runway extension more to do with increasing safety than addressing commercial concerns?

When the original application was made to Gov and planning the business case formed a huge part of it, this was quickly dropped when it was realised it couldn't be supported and the safety aspect was boosted. Small aeroplanes providing a service to the Island do not need this huge investment even if the runway is declared shorter ( to accommodate RESA) they can still operate. When will the idiots realise there are only 80,000 people here !

When will the idiots realise there are only 80,000 people here !

Or as my old man puts it, "We're not even a decent size football crowd"

I'd like to see 80,000 at my teams ground, in fact 30,000 would be a good start. Seriously, lets not overlook that a lot of people who need work to pay the ever increasing utility bills etc have just lost their jobs.

There was woman on the bus this morning who received a telephone call after hearing it on the radio. What a way to hear about it!

The only reason that Flybe have stepped in is because if they didnt, everyone would view them as arseholes and they would lose out on alot of business.

Damn straight - FlyMayBe will have to do a lot more than that to convince me that they're no9t a bunch of complete motherfuckers. The moment FlyMayBe got a Liverpool route it was obvious that Euromanx was doomed - they basically dumped their seats on to the market to drive Euromanx out of business. Expect fares to soar on routes where FlyMayBe now has a monopoly. Being reliant on FlyMayBe is an absolute catastrophe for this island, I assure you

R1 Man, the IOM operation had been stripped to the bone before Flybe's involvement. All that remained was crew for one aircraft (now crew for three under Flybe), the hangar (only half of it being used), line engineers and the payroll department. The blame for the run down of the rest needs to be laid at BA's door for selling out. Would you run a business with duplicated departments ??.

The term 'large number' is not in comparison to what has gone before, but where we are at now and relative to other companies at the Airport.

yesterday i spoke to someone who works there to ask what he knew. he said they were being told nothing at all. Everyone was talking about the rumours but no boss was saying anything. When I said ive heard theres an annoucement tomorrow he said well thats news to me!!

So looks like the staff knew nothing at all bar the rumours. There must be a standard procedure how airlines treat their staff. Manx airlines announcement was out the blue , flybe taking over ba connect was a complete shock..

On the bright side at least it wasnt announced at christmas like the other two. :\

Archived