Euromanx

local skeet

R1 Man, the IOM operation had been stripped to the bone before Flybe's involvement. All that remained was crew for one aircraft (now crew for three under Flybe), the hangar (only half of it being used), line engineers and the payroll department. The blame for the run down of the rest needs to be laid at BA's door for selling out. Would you run a business with duplicated departments ??.

Sorry mate your completely wrong and r1man is correct.

When Flybe took over we had two hangars and both were being used. (B hangar for e145 C checks, A hangar for eveything else) ( not 1 hangar and only half being used)

There were hundreds of staff employed on the island by BA. Hangar engineers, line engineers, crew, tech support, planning, technical records, quality, training, stores, purchasing, payroll, IT, etc i could go on .

Yes the operarion was alot less than the 800 or so once employed but it was still a big employer on the island when flybe took over. Certainly not "stripped to the bone" as you put it.

Anywho thats off topic.

Its sad to see euromanx fail but the island is too small to support more than one airline. The Goverment needs to stop trying to encourage new starters who fly piles of cr4p and cant last and just needs to use that money to subsidise one airline so they can operate flights even with low yields. The Scottish gov subsidise lose making routes to keep vital links open I dont see why the manx gov cant do the same.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day we are a small island with limited travelling public and I think that if anything this shows that the market isn't strong enough to support that many carriers, and certainly not competition.

Don't get me wrong, I think competition is a good thing but what we have is a repeating pattern of companies coming in, there being a price war and someone losing. It makes the Island look bad, is detrimental to the little tourism we have left and doesn't do anything for the business community.

I think we have to face the fact that Flybe is going to become the main airline for the Island. I don't think they are about to crank their prices up to rip us off - but I do think that if they are the only company and get onto a solid footing, without the distraction of competition I think we will see a slow increase in routes.

I may be in the minority, but i'd rather pay slightly more for a ticket knowing that there is a variety of destinations to fly too (and also the reliability), than buy a cheap ticket to Manchester or Liverpool.

Out of interest, does anyone know the cost of Jersey flights as a comparable, and if airlines manage to survive a little longer. I for one would use the service to Isle of Man more frequently if cost permitted

just pondering the last time I flew, it was with Manx Airlines on a business day trip to Heathrow on the jet, ever since it's been boat 'cos you can take the car and the dogs, I think it's degrading for passengers to go through the security of walking about barefoot with their pants hanging down carrying plastic bags :(

none of that with the seacat, couple of hours into Liverpool is quicker than the check-in times and transfers to airports and taxi or parking charges.

I think we have to face the fact that Flybe is going to become the main airline for the Island. I don't think they are about to crank their prices up to rip us off -

Well if that's the case they need a plane flying in the winter big enough to carry snowboard bags and skis, not the excuse, if the bag is larger than 5ft we can't carry it. Snowboard and ski bags are usually slightly longer than that but only about a foot/13 inches wide.

So if they want the monopoly they could at least get a plane for the winter that carries this sort of equipment.

They probably won't though, so they'll lose business in the winter to the the Steam Racket.

Out of interest, does anyone know the cost of Jersey flights as a comparable, and if airlines manage to survive a little longer. I for one would use the service to Isle of Man more frequently if cost permitted

Using Expedia, flight from Gatwick, leaving Sat 21st June, returning Sun 29th June

Jersey - £92.16 direct with FlyBe (1h flight)

Isle of Man - £122.70 direct with FlyBe (1h30m flight)

£30 extra for 30 minutes more in the air - not bad? I don't know - anyone?

Questions need to be asked of the government. It was stated that they were in discussions on resolving the situation.

If the rumours about the ongoing issue of NI and landing fees etc. were to be believed, EMX owe the government a substantial amount of money.

Why did the airport officials allow the Euromanx OE-HBB to leave in such a hurry this morning? That would have been an asset of Euromanx, not the Aer Arann aircraft which is now impounded. The media needs to wake up and ask the tough questions.

Good spot!

The gov were alot quicker off their heels in impounding the 2 emerald atps when they went belly up.

OE-HBB is the Euromanx aircraft they've been trying to offload. The Aer Arann aircraft shouldn't be held, unless they want a bill as a result of lost earnings.

Perhaps there is already a buyer?

Why did the airport officials allow the Euromanx OE-HBB to leave in such a hurry this morning? That would have been an asset of Euromanx, not the Aer Arann aircraft which is now impounded. The media needs to wake up and ask the tough questions.

I'm guessing it'll have something to do with who actually owns the aircraft. EuroManx Airways GmbH of Austria, Euromanx Airways IOM Ltd (which I can't find registered over here on in the uk?), or Euromanx Limited...

They have probably kept everything seperate (as you would) so that all that is left is debt, and the assets are protected.

I'm guessing it'll have something to do with who actually owns the aircraft. EuroManx Airways GmbH of Austria, Euromanx Airways IOM Ltd (which I can't find registered over here on in the uk?), or Euromanx Limited...

OE- is Austrian registration.

OE- is Austrian registration.

Indeed it is but you don't the aircraft doesn't need to be owned in that country to be registered there.

Indeed it is but the aircraft doesn't need to be owned in that country to be registered there.

But it would make more sense, and have the other parts run from an IOM co which leases the aircraft from the parent co and fills the seats.

I have a feeling that there will be a long list of creditors......

Archived