Euromanx

local skeet

dont know if the romours are true, but has anyone been hearing anything about euromanx recently?

well looks like the end was in sight - I feel sorry for them - and the rest of the flying public - I am traveling back from UK today with the "racket" - couldnt get through on MayBe's number - didnt really hold much hope anyway with their track record.

Ho Hum - I have (sorry HAD) loads of flights booked through the summer....

Just a popint of interest though - if you opted to pay the ridicualous credit card charge when you booked you can contact your card provider and claim a full refund under the section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, - worth a try to get somethinig to offset the charges maybe will no doubt be making...

Travel safe

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a popint of interest though - if you opted to pay the ridicualous credit card charge when you booked you can contact your card provider and claim a full refund under the section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, - worth a try to get somethinig to offset the charges maybe will no doubt be making...

Travel safe

FlyBe statement says:

All passengers in possession of ticketed Euromanx bookings for Manchester and Liverpool flights can immediately re-book their free replacement tickets with Flybe. These tickets will be completely free of all taxes and airport charges. Flybe commits to making every effort possible to re-accommodate passengers as close as is possible to their original Euromanx flight date and time. Re-bookings must be made by the end of June and re-accommodation is subject to availability.

Customers to London City will be able to re-book with Flybe, subject to availability, for travel up until May 31st, 2008. In the meantime, Flybe hopes that VLM can be persuaded to put together a rescue package for the London City route

dont know if the romours are true, but has anyone been hearing anything about euromanx recently?

well looks like the end was in sight - I feel sorry for them - and the rest of the flying public

If only they'd spent that £44 mil to extend the runway earlier, it might have made all the difference.

There was woman on the bus this morning who received a telephone call after hearing it on the radio. What a way to hear about it!

How else would you hear about it?

Manx Radio Mandate were simply on the ball. Stu Peters read out a press release as soon as he received it.

I'm just reading Micheal O'Leary's biog (the guy who made Ryanair what it is today) and he admits that there's really no big secret to running a profitable low-cost airline. Basically you cut costs to the absolute bone, increase productivity in every area of the operation until just before your staff melt or starve, and reduce ticket prices to beat any competition.

But it's about pax numbers and side-deals - the actual profit of flying people from place to place is tiny, even when you've done all that. I worry that the Island will never have sufficient numbers to stack up in this way.

Maybe an 'air bridge' operation between here and (say) Liverpool would do it - more like a bus service and with absolutely no frills, but it would rely on fee deals with both Ronaldsway and Speke and a guarantee of no competition allowed on that route in consideration of a regular fare of (say) £50 return to work...without conditions like there has to be an X in the month, or the need to book it six months in advance. IF that service was available, I think it would make some money and provide an affordable lifeline.

Running an airline isn't what Governments are good at, so ours shouldn't try. I don't think they or anyone else should be blamed for this - it's a hugely competitive market. I've been happy with EuroManx and am sad to see them go, but they're not alone and won't be the last.

To 'partypolitics' point earlier in this thread - you can ask questions until you're blue in the face (as I've been this week trying to get an official comment from EMX), but if someone doesn't choose to comment, there's nothing much you can do about it!

Maybe an 'air bridge' operation between here and (say) Liverpool would do it - more like a bus service and with absolutely no frills, but it would rely on fee deals with both Ronaldsway and Speke and a guarantee of no competition allowed on that route in consideration of a regular fare of (say) £50 return to work...without conditions like there has to be an X in the month, or the need to book it six months in advance. IF that service was available, I think it would make some money and provide an affordable lifeline.

I know some people on here hate it, but the finance sector needs a quick and reliable link to London. A Lot of people fly over for the day - from here to london, or vice versa. Having to change planes at Lpool would be no good for the IoM finance industry.

I know some people on here hate it, but the finance sector needs a quick and reliable link to London. A Lot of people fly over for the day - from here to london, or vice versa. Having to change planes at Lpool would be no good for the IoM finance industry.

I agree - but they're a different market and can generally afford profitable ticket prices - it's just another business expense.

The main concern for most ordinary people here is how to get on and off the Island at a convenient time, reliably and without getting seasick.

I wonder whether Flybe would start a City <=> IOM link?

.Manx Radio Mandate were simply on the ball. Stu Peters read out a press release as soon as he received it.

Stu did a good job, what about that MHK muppet asking questions next Monday about what the government is going to do?

.Manx Radio Mandate were simply on the ball. Stu Peters read out a press release as soon as he received it.

Stu did a good job, what about that MHK muppet asking questions next Monday about what the government is going to do?

Yes, well done to the MR news team today. You were quick off the mark, and were asking the right questions. I am usually critical of the MR "interview" style which involves feeding the interviewee from his own press release. But today you were on top of the issues.

And well done Ed for the Mandate PM tonight. Very well put together.

FlyBe statement says:

All passengers in possession of ticketed Euromanx bookings for Manchester and Liverpool flights can immediately re-book their free replacement tickets with Flybe. These tickets will be completely free of all taxes and airport charges. Flybe commits to making every effort possible to re-accommodate passengers as close as is possible to their original Euromanx flight date and time. Re-bookings must be made by the end of June and re-accommodation is subject to availability.

Customers to London City will be able to re-book with Flybe, subject to availability, for travel up until May 31st, 2008. In the meantime, Flybe hopes that VLM can be persuaded to put together a rescue package for the London City route

If anyone does have Euromanx flights booked don't get too excited about the above. My parents have flights to Liverpool booked, leaving 2 weeks today and returning Saturday 7th June....Flybe will only honour the outgoing flight, my dad has had to fork out an extra £250 for the flight back to the island on top of the £500+ he paid to Euromanx originally. Availability is very limited with regards the "freebies".

FlyBe statement says:

If anyone does have Euromanx flights booked don't get too excited about the above. My parents have flights to Liverpool booked, leaving 2 weeks today and returning Saturday 7th June....Flybe will only honour the outgoing flight, my dad has had to fork out an extra £250 for the flight back to the island on top of the £500+ he paid to Euromanx originally. Availability is very limited with regards the "freebies".

But Shirley he'll get the 500 quid back (or at least the return fare cost) if he paid by credit card?

Archived