[BBC News] Road improvement scheme completed

Newsbot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why oh why did they make the approach lands from Onchan so narrow? It's not possible for two cars to be side by side using both of the lanes. The lane to turn right has an island at an odd angle presenting the driver with the corner of a curb stone and then you have some crazy curb stone ring in the middle of nowhere around the round about.

Sorry to rant but the DoT have failed badly, again.

I think it is all open.

I presume it will close again after the TT when they connect the top end of the new road with the old one

..according to the radio, it will take 5 weeks for that to complete,

Why oh why did they make the approach lands from Onchan so narrow? It's not possible for two cars to be side by side using both of the lanes. The lane to turn right has an island at an odd angle presenting the driver with the corner of a curb stone and then you have some crazy curb stone ring in the middle of nowhere around the round about.

Come On!!! did you expect anything else, when they finished the anagh coar roundabout the junction on the castletown road was to narrow for 2 lines of traffic which they had to widened a few years back, the new Braddan bridge roundabout is the same as in the Douglas bound traffic from peel road has the same problem the lane is far to narrow for 2 lanes , they obviously think the average car is 4' wide and that heavy goods vehicles dont exsist

They really are a usless bunch of T****** who haven't got a clue but i dont laugh anymore as my parents told me "it's Rude to point and laugh at the inflicted"

it is just a token gesture of where you ought to be on the road, it is the same at the new first roundabout at bradden bridge on your way in from peel. useless

I went through at 6pm and its all open, My tyres are almost warn out going round that round-about

What is the purpose of the red outer ring on the roundabout? It suggests that they won't be taking it up for TT week.

they can't use the cobbles like the sea terminal/bus station area because it is likely to be on the racing line of the TT course so they have come up with something else??

What is the purpose of the red outer ring on the roundabout? It suggests that they won't be taking it up for TT week.

I think, like the cobblestones on the one by the sea terminal it is purely to make it look pretty and to confuse motorists, many of whom will think that you can't drive over it

Well you can't really expect them to have a second crew building the new road whilst the roundabout is being done.

That would be far too sensible. Much better to have said second crew digging up the road at White Hoe to cause further disruption

And don't forget about the overtime they'll need to finish it against the deadline that they set in the first instance :D

I think, like the cobblestones on the one by the sea terminal it is purely to make it look pretty and to confuse motorists, many of whom will think that you can't drive over it

Being honest.... that's the way I approach it. I assume the red circle also acts as part of the roundabout? As in... you go around it, not over it.

Archived