No More Mann Weekly

sideways

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The advertising is much cheaper with Mann Weekly.

That's exectly why it's failed, it was offering advertising rates to cheap.

Or perhaps it was making money but undercutting the local newspapers, and "something was done about it"?

What?

Eh?

Why must people always see conspiracies in everything? It was rubbish, I tried to read it but ended up binning it every week, we used to get ridiculous amounts of copies in the flats, presumably it was losing money hand over fist and so it's been folded.

Trying to imagine some spindly advertising executive from IOM Newspapers threatening an advertiser for falling out with 'the family' but failing...

The advertising is much cheaper with Mann Weekly.

That's exectly why it's failed, it was offering advertising rates to cheap.

Or perhaps it was making money but undercutting the local newspapers, and "something was done about it"?

Sorry Loaf,

No conspiracy, just costs were greater than the income, especially when people realised that you could wait until just before their deadline and get advertising well under the rate card.

Sorry Loaf,

No conspiracy, just costs were greater than the income, especially when people realised that you could wait until just before their deadline and get advertising well under the rate card.

Really? I didn't know that. Not enough revenue generated is obviously reason to close down if that's a fact. That said, I do remember the days when the Manx Independent was, well, independent. Perhaps I'm just itching to wear my tin foil hat...

I think a lot of people didn't like Mann Weekly dropping through their letter box every week. I just saw it as more annoying junk mail. I'm happy it's stopped.

If spammers also lost their jobs I'd be happy as well

How many staff were involved in it and was it the only publication they printed?

I can totally see the point of “damn junk pushed through my letter box” but as an advertiser I found it to give me the best return out of the three mediums I have used.

I personally don’t like the fact that now I have to go to the one and only company that pushes stuff through your letter box, no choice yet again, but such is the problem of living on a small island.

As far as I am aware it had a larger company behind it called Fusion not totally sure what they do though.

Sideways, Fusion's core business is marketing, graphic design & advertising. I would imagine they will carry on their normal business as usual, apart fom a sales rep or two. By the way if you or anybody else are looking for a design house to give your business an image or design adverts etc try them, I've seen some of their work and its very good.

Archived