[BBC News] Cyclist knocked over in path row

Newsbot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good timing for this incident, lol......... ( is it wrong to hope the pair are eastern Europeans....... )??

Ah, nothing like a bit of Xenophobia on a monday morning.

Eastern European/Comeover = Bad, assaulting an old guy on a bike while he goes about his own business

Manx = Good, asserting their rights to walk along the prom without being hassled by old guy on a bike

Good timing for this incident, lol......... ( is it wrong to hope the pair are eastern Europeans....... )??

Ah, nothing like a bit of Xenophobia on a monday morning.

Eastern European/Comeover = Bad, assaulting an old guy on a bike while he goes about his own business

Manx = Good, asserting their rights to walk along the prom without being hassled by old guy on a bike

Not sure that's the point he was going for but you crack on regardless....

A pensioner is knocked off his bicycle in a row with two walkers over a promenade cycle path.

Translating

birthdayfishuc7.gif

Pensioner runs into two pedestrians. Pedestrians angry, whack pensioner. All hell brakes loose. Makes the News. Newsbot happy.

I'd suspect it's not the first time it has happened. Corpy should look at the situation before someone is injured. Then do something...........

The pensioner was on the cycle path, sounded his bell at some pedestrians on the path to warn them of his approach. The peds decide not to get out of the way, old guy tells them off, they push him off his bike.

FFS, is this news now? Happens to me regularly, why can't people recognise the lane is there for their safety and maybe they should avoid walking in it. It may be the only place there isn't a pile of dogshit but it is there for your own benefit.

The prom is wide enough to cater for all sections of society. No excuse for bullying an older citizen.

At the moment the walkway where this appears to have happened (from reading the report) has been narrowed to allow people to park when they go to the Guild - I rode through there yesterday (in lycra) but slowed down to about walking pace as it was obviously a place where there would be more people than there would be room for.

Having the right to ride somewhere should not overrule common sense.

But even then pushing someone off their bike is a complete over reaction. I bet they wouldn't have tried it with me though - two guys picking on a pensioner. Big men...

Archived