[BBC News] Cyclist knocked over in path row

Newsbot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the trams were removed - or reduced to a single track - there would be plenty of room for a cycle path on the other side of the Promenade.

B*llocks to that. That would remove around >1500 potential new car park spaces, IMO, if the prom was laid out properly.

What about getting rid of parking spaces and making people use public transport to get into work or park outside town and walk in. also set a speed limit on the lycra louts

If the trams were removed - or reduced to a single track - there would be plenty of room for a cycle path on the other side of the Promenade.

B*llocks to that. That would remove around >1500 potential new car park spaces, IMO, if the prom was laid out properly.

What about getting rid of parking spaces and making people use public transport to get into work or park outside town and walk in. also set a speed limit on the lycra louts

Because people don't do it now when there are parking problems. I don't disagree that it's a good idea, I've said myself they should encourage use of public transport - but the reality of what is happening is very different.

Archived