Make Your Voice Count

crumlin

Quentin Gill's alright, nice fellow, polite 'n' that, if it has to be a man then he's the one for me, Peter K is a little too outspoken to be CM. Brenda Cannell would be good she is fairly young and female. Actually, having a female CM would be damn near revolutionary, it may even repair some of the damage the Islands reputation has suffered because of the old CM.

Pam for CM!

Whoever the Tynwald elect as Chief Minister then the person elected has the right to pick their team of ministers. Am I right or wrong?

If I am right then the whole goddamned lot of them should go and lets have a good clear out of the rubbish.

To hell with Gelling, he is not elected by the people. An MLC.

Tony Brown the Speaker or David Cannan would be my choices. Someone said David is perhaps too angry. Well so are the people!

Gelling is smeared with the Murray thing and so is Bell.

Brown and Cannan are both good people.

Peter Karran is best left where he is. Reason being he is the only effective opposition left since Billy Henderson of the APG sold his soul to Lucifer.

And I suggest leave Cretney with Tourism, bless him. A good lad but not a cut and thrust politician in all matters.

However, if you want to destroy the Isle of Man once and for all then Pam is your girl!

If Pam Crowe was CM then that really would be very surreal.. Mec Vannin with sole rule would also be bizarre.

Peter Karran should be made Shadow Chief Minister and the LegCo shouldn't be in the running at all.

As someone else rightly pointed out, all the goons appointed by the CM should be dropped, and the team rebuilt - but voted in by Elected members of Tynwald.

This is the perfect chance for the IOM Government to make a fresh start and get rid of all the xxxxxxs in government. All the people who've been dragged through the doggy doo and all the people who've had questionable actions in the past should be got rid of.

This in my mind would be the first important step in Rebranding the Isle of Man. We can have as many fancy colour schemes, tarty logos and that kind of junk - but we may as well be rebranding tram-horse poo. They should focus on whats seriously wrong, before focusing on whats right.

Transparency and honesty is the key.

This in my mind would be the first important step in Rebranding the Isle of Man.
Talking of which... The rebranding commitee will be looking for a new chairman. The old one has done about as much as he can.

An ability to leave the Island occasionally would be a good credential.

Personally, I think it will either be Tony Brown or Donald Gelling. My own choice would be Tony Brown, as I don't think we should be going backwards and aclling upon Mr Gelling.

Also, of course, as a member of the MLC he is unelected and, therfore, wholly unaccountable amongst the populus of the Island. Which should, in my mind, rule out anyone from the MLC being allowed to stand.....

Personally, I think it will either be Tony Brown or Donald Gelling.  My own choice would be Tony Brown, as I don't think we should be going backwards and aclling upon Mr Gelling.

Also, of course, as a member of the MLC he is unelected and, therfore, wholly unaccountable amongst the populus of the Island.  Which should, in my mind, rule out anyone from the MLC being allowed to stand.....

I totally agree that MLCs should be excluded due to their having been appointed rather than elected. So ...

Gelling? No as MLC

Cannan? Too bitter for my taste

Cretney? Not up to it

Karren? Not up to it

Cringle? Too partisan for my taste

Bell? Too much baggage

Brown? Seems able and fair

Cannell? Seems fair and fearless, but up to it? Not too sure.

But maybe this whole fiasco may be partly down to the undemocratic power this unhealthy ministerial system gives to ministers in general and a chief minister in particular.

I really would be happier if the next CM were not a member of a secret society or indeed a society with secrets.

Yes, that does narrow it down a bit.

To be fair, maybe if the next CM were a member of or had associations with such a society I wonder could he/she say so.

Up front like.

Archived