Alfie Duggan R.i.p.

Lonan3

There aren't many local people that I'd bother doing this for, but Alfie is one exception.

I am old enough to remember his family first moving into Pulrose Manor House (Mr Corris, the chemist, was the previous occupant), and his willingness to let me and my little gang play in the grounds providied that we didn't do any harm to the trees or wildlife.

When I was sixteen, he took me for my first ever driving lesson.

Throughout his time as a town councillor he was always accessible to the people in his constituency and never turned anyone with problems away from his door. He never got 'above himself' and was always true to his roots.

In short, he was a genuinely pleasant and caring person who lived a long, successful and useful life.

There is no need to regret his passing; I'm sure he would be quite happy to have reached the age that he did, but it might be worth pointing out to some of the would-be Napoleons on todays council, that Alfie never forgot that he was the servant of the people he represented and that, as a result, those who knew him will recall him with respect and affection.

R.I.P.

Throughout his time as a town councillor he was always accessible to the people in his constituency and never turned anyone with problems away from his door. He never got 'above himself' and was always true to his roots.

In short, he was a genuinely pleasant and caring person who lived a long, successful and useful life.

There is no need to regret his passing; I'm sure he would be quite happy to have reached the age that he did, but it might be worth pointing out to some of the would-be Napoleons on todays council, that Alfie never forgot that he was the servant of the people he represented and that, as a result, those who knew him will recall him with respect and affection.

R.I.P.

I remember him well and would second that. I know a couple of people he greatly helped in the past.

R.I.P.

Archived