Pixie Dust

bluemonday

Interesting - Dr Simon Kay of Leeds University has just been on the Radio 4 World Tonight news saying he doesn't believe the pictures show a regeneration of a bone, but the healing of damage to a finger tip not including the bone. He was highly sceptical about what the people are saying - a publicity stunt?

Needs the science - journalism isn't peer review

Interesting - Dr Simon Kay of Leeds University has just been on the Radio 4 World Tonight news saying he doesn't believe the pictures show a regeneration of a bone, but the healing of damage to a finger tip not including the bone. He was highly sceptical about what the people are saying - a publicity stunt?

Needs the science - journalism isn't peer review

I think Dr. Simon Kay sceptical of a claim that isn't there. They didn't claim to be able to regenerate bone, they talk of it later on when they say "I think that within ten years that we will have strategies that will re-grow the bones" but i think that just makes it clearer that they can't re-generate bones now.

Their discovery is that they can allow things to heal like this without leaving a scar.

I think Dr. Simon Kay sceptical of a claim that isn't there. They didn't claim to be able to regenerate bone, they talk of it later on when they say "I think that within ten years that we will have strategies that will re-grow the bones" but i think that just makes it clearer that they can't re-generate bones now.

Their discovery is that they can allow things to heal like this without leaving a scar.

Aye, the main benefit I saw reported was in the treatment people with serious scars and burns.

Wonder if I dipped my old feller into it....

I think there needs to be broken tissue for it to bind to. How about, in the interests of science, you take a cheese grater to your knob and find out if it works.

If you don't have cell scrapings from the lining of a pig's bladder to hand then get some black pudding, dispose of the 'meat' and wrap your mickey in the skin. Should work well. Let us all know how you get on. Just don't video yourself doing so as it'll be illegal to do so soon. ;)

Archived