[BBC News] Ferry discounts for race marshals

Newsbot

Marshals working on both the TT races and Manx Grand Prix are eligible for cut-price ferry travel to the island.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7376485.stm

What came first - this news, or the rush of 400 volunteers as marshals?

Hardly a rush. Similar numbers to previous years I think, and most of them have marshalled before.

But let's not let that get in the way of your cynicism eh?

Marshals working on both the TT races and Manx Grand Prix are eligible for cut-price ferry travel to the island.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7376485.stm

What came first - this news, or the rush of 400 volunteers as marshals?

I heard this ages ago, bloody good idea, now what about a discount to get us off this rock during TT?

Great news for the Marshals and whoever thought of that deserves a pat on the back. :thumbsup:

Fantastic as usual fuck all is done to encourage local Marshals who know the place better

Fantastic as usual fuck all is done to encourage local Marshals who know the place better

Exactly.

Exactly.

It does seem a little unfair, though there's the very clear hurdle of travel costs to be jumped for marshals coming from across.

However, maybe it's the turn of some other businesses to also take the opportunity to step in and show their support e.g. the breweries, pubs, restaurants and nightclubs etc. that make some big money during the TT - a few 50% off, or decent voucher schemes (post TT/MGP) for local TT/MGP marshals would perhaps be nice - I see no reason why Adrian Earnshaw couldn't start approaching a few people to put together such a scheme - I'm sure some would jump at the chance. They could even put up a few signs around the course to say who, like the SP, is sponsoring/supporting the marshals so the support of such companies becomes more visible.

Archived