Steam Packet To Buy U.s. Warship

Jimcalagon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what is the point of stating its top speed as IOMSR never push their boats to their top speed as it uses more fuel. Why not spend some money fixing the pisspot landing stage at liverpool first?

Liverpool in 90 minutes here we come :P

p.s.

we should be so lucky, I've just been following the progress of a P&O ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge which we have friends on, and it has suffered engine problems and limping along at 10kt, left Hull 8pm last night and arrived nearly 6 hours late at 11.45(bst) :(

The thing has been converted back for use by another operator who may have pulled out, but she will need her stern accommodation rebuilding if the Steam Packet buy her, she can only carry 400 pax as it is (and a new fitout, as it's pretty boring inside now). Quite a nice ship though otherwise, she can handle the speed.

Nothing wrong with higher wave heights if it was allowed, US navy would have put it through a lot worse.

Clicky Pics and etc on this link at the bottom. She is actually called INCAT 050.

Just watched the video, those septics really are up themselves in a serious way.

No pictures of the "wave piercing" actually going on though, I reserve my judgement until I see it on the Irish Sea in the fog. Like the sound of the armaments.

So we're going to have two 'Superseacats' - neither of which is capable of crossing the Irish Sea in winter. Well, that'll be a big improvement, won't it?

Douglas Harbour is too small to accomodate any fastcraft that would be more suitable for crossing the Irish Sea in winter. Demand isn't high enough in winter for two ship to be worthwhile anyway.

Archived