Steam Packet To Buy U.s. Warship

Jimcalagon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't want to start a new topic

BMC a bit late in port tonight, and with tug in attendance in berthing, slight technical hitch maybe ?

(was doing normal-ish 18kt on the way across though)

hope they get it sorted for all the traffic with the schools broken up now

Saturday 26 Jul 2008

Our vessel Ben My Chree has developed a technical problem our Fast Craft Viking will now be operating our overnight service this sailing will be departing earlier the departure time is now 0100am the latest check in time at Heysham will be 00.15am the ETA into Douglas is now 0300am.

(Reference username Nikon - different forum)

Looks like she was out in the bay early this morning having a quick wizz around to test what ever it was causing the problem.

dsc_0073.jpg (old pic by Nikon)

Saturday 26 Jul 2008

Our vessel Ben My Chree has developed a technical problem our Fast Craft Viking will now be operating our overnight service this sailing will be departing earlier the departure time is now 0100am the latest check in time at Heysham will be 00.15am the ETA into Douglas is now 0300am.

Shame they did not inform the many people who arrived in good time at Heysham this morning to find that the Ben was not coming, and the Viking had just left. A friend of mine finally managed to find a hotel in Preston at 03:00.

What is the point of giving them contact details if they don't bloody bother contacting you, this has screwed up not only his weekend, but mine as well. BLOODY CLOWNSHOES SPC.

I really don't understand why the IOMSPC did not use a Heavy-lift ship like Mighty Servant one or the likes to transport the boat here, as it has ment to have cost £1,000,000+ in fuel to sail the boat to the UK plus the cost of the crew in food,wages also what about the cost in extra maintenance required due to the wear in the Engines, Gearboxes and Pumps during the crossing surely it would have been cheaper to have it transported <_<

starting to feel that we've been done over again ,just this time it's not by the government :(

maybe my maths is suspect but I think its trip is less than 3 months work on the twice daily Heysham service - I suspect the fuel bought closer to the source in Mid east etc is somewhat less than the oft quoted £1M - the crew is unlikely to be in double figures + possibly they loaded up with some freight ?

I really don't understand why the IOMSPC did not use a Heavy-lift ship like Mighty Servant one or the likes to transport the boat here, as it has ment to have cost £1,000,000+ in fuel to sail the boat to the UK plus the cost of the crew in food,wages also what about the cost in extra maintenance required due to the wear in the Engines, Gearboxes and Pumps during the crossing surely it would have been cheaper to have it transported <_<

starting to feel that we've been done over again ,just this time it's not by the government :(

Surely that would have cost even more. How do you think those ships make a profit?

Archived