Isle Of Man Prisoners Go On Hunger Strike Over Smoking Ban

Mutley

You are all slagging off some low-life inmate for having the gumption to fight for what he believes in... The words democracy and hypocrisy come to mind.. Climb back in your little bubbles - shut the door firmly - and STFU.

I'm not slagging them off for putting up a fight. I'm slagging them off for being low-life inmates. The "democracy" bit is a good laugh as well. OUR democracy created a framework of laws for us all to live peacefully within. The inmates decided they would live WITHOUT our laws so they are now no longer part of our democracy. Fair enough for me. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Your also assuming we give a shit about their plight. The funniest bit I have just heard about this was that some of them complained to the warders that people had been stood outside the prison eating takeaways and taunting them deliberately. aww didums hehehe

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when they move to jurby and are sat watching the TV why don't the prison staff put on some old ciggies adverts for them to watch lol that would be good sport lol.

I seem to remember from a litttle while back that a smoking room was retained for Airport staff when the building went "smoke free" is that still the case?

I think that would be unlikely seeing as it's illegal now.

I seem to remember from a litttle while back that a smoking room was retained for Airport staff when the building went "smoke free" is that still the case?

I think that would be unlikely seeing as it's illegal now.

Hmmm, that would seem to put the kaybosh on it ;)

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:Q79v3...lient=firefox-a

I saw this and as this was still topical, thought I'd share it.

At the end of the day, is being on hunger strike worth it, at the risk of bad health?

I would however, be surprised to find that he's gone without any food or liquid supplements, as I would imagine that the prisons medical staff would most likely have to intervene (I could be wrong about that - any advice?)

Silly to continue the protest at the expense of his health, after he's made his point, but I really cannot see the Government backing down from this.

Well i got told from a a certain person that they were just getting there m8's to get a bit extra from the servery and getting there meals that way.

They have been getting food, they just wanted people thinking they were on hunger strike.

Stupid idiots cannot even do a hunger strike right. :lol:

Strong morals there, you got to fight for your rights or not in this case lol :D

[...]

At the end of the day, is being on hunger strike worth it, at the risk of bad health?[..]

Silly to continue the protest at the expense of his health,[...]

If he was that bothered about his health, surely he wouldn't be smoking?

Let him carry on, I say. Evolution in action.

[...]

At the end of the day, is being on hunger strike worth it, at the risk of bad health?[..]

Silly to continue the protest at the expense of his health,[...]

If he was that bothered about his health, surely he wouldn't be smoking?

Let him carry on, I say. Evolution in action.

Is it worth running a book on how long before he starves himself to death, does anyone know how long you can last without food (assuming he's accepting water)

Is it worth running a book on how long before he starves himself to death, does anyone know how long you can last without food (assuming he's accepting water)

It's not clear though if this "hunger strike" actually involves eating the food that they buy from the canteen ??

...all the protestors have been able to buy food from the prison shop during the action.

I think then the question ought to be, "does anyone know how long you can last without food canteen meals (assuming he's accepting water) and only live on food from the prison shop?"

:rolleyes:

Given the choice of ciggies (shoving a dried weed laden piece of paper full of chemicals into my mouth and inhaling the burning residue into my delicate lungs - and even then it is only a maybe, not a 50-50 choice) or food glorious food (a definitely choice ) . . . . . I would go for food.

Personally, I would rather know exactly what these prisoners have done before I give them any shit or sympathy.

Archived