Reverend & The Makers

House

These dudes, specifically:

http://www.iamreverend.com/

http://www.myspace.com/reverendmusic (I suggest you follow this link and then click on Heavyweight Champion Of The World in the track selection box.)

Their CD (The State Of Things) is up on hmv.com for £6.99 - which seems like a bargain to me. (I got mine a week or so ago, not really knowing if I'd be into them or not, but have come to seriously like them.)

Just be like everybody else.

Not really a new band, been around for a while now, but yeah excellent tunes, seen them live a couple of times and they were very good. A group of us went to see them in morecambe last year at a really small venue....great night.

If you can, go and see them, you won't be disappointed.

The lead singer is best mates with alex turner out of the arctic monkeys and he actually sings on one of the songs on the album (the machine)

Looking forward to seeing them again at this years festivals.

Pretty over-rated I think. Been into them for just over a year or so. The album's got 3 or 4 really good songs on, but Jon the lead singer is far too full of himself and trying to make himself out to be such an inspiration when he's just trying to be Ian Brown really.

Pretty over-rated I think. Been into them for just over a year or so. The album's got 3 or 4 really good songs on, but Jon the lead singer is far too full of himself and trying to make himself out to be such an inspiration when he's just trying to be Ian Brown really.

Well if you're going to pick anyone in the world to 'be' then you may as well pick the most blissed out smackhead who's pretty cool with guitars and lyrics going.

I'd probably be Ian Brown if I got the chance.

Not really a new band, been around for a while now, but yeah excellent tunes, seen them live a couple of times and they were very good. A group of us went to see them in morecambe last year at a really small venue....great night.

If you can, go and see them, you won't be disappointed.

The lead singer is best mates with alex turner out of the arctic monkeys and he actually sings on one of the songs on the album (the machine)

Looking forward to seeing them again at this years festivals.

They're on in Liverpool at the end of this month:

Thursday, 29 May, 2008

Carling Academy, Liverpool

Well if you're going to pick anyone in the world to 'be' then you may as well pick the most blissed out smackhead who's pretty cool with guitars and lyrics going.

I'd probably be Ian Brown if I got the chance.

Ian Brown is a smackhead? Surely not.

And he plays guitar? He's not known for that is he?

Ian Brown is clean, and his latest album suffers for it.

It's something of a depressing pattern.

In my experience a band/artist usually manages to chuck out one excellent 'clean' album before descending into the mediocrity of being irritatingly rich, lazy, and not totally fucked out of their heads the whole time.

They should have the decency to 'do a Cobain,' really.

All of Ian Brown's albums have been "clean" - he's notoriously anti most drugs (the exception being cannabis). He's been outspoken on occasion regarding people using cocaine, and he certainly is not a smackhead. I do wish people would make sure they know what they're talking about before spouting off stuff like this. Instead of making stupid comments based on false assumptions and then firing out a rock star cliché or two and passing it off as your own opinion.

Reverend & The Makers are shite by the way. Like someone already said, a few catchy tunes but no substance at all and a singer who thinks he's some sort of visionary for no good reason at all other than the fact he probably has a Che Guevara or Muhammed Ali poster on his wall. I'd put them in the same bracket as Kasabian, which is not a good bracket to be in. All this ridiculous "man of the people" bollocks that people fall for.

Archived