[BBC News] Walker trapped by tide is rescued

Newsbot

Since the recent works in preparation for a bit of refurbishment of the tower of Refuge, I see it is now possible to walk to the Conister Rock on most low tides. Previously you had to wait for a good Spring Tide.

post-1345-1210061591_thumb.jpg

ps

Sorry the picture is so big - these modern 8mb+ cameras are amazing! but you can see the new wall for loading and the recently made causeway being used. I think there was one of our own forum members very much involved in this job wasn't there!

Since the recent works in preparation for a bit of refurbishment of the tower of Refuge, I see it is now possible to walk to the Conister Rock on most low tides. Previously you had to wait for a good Spring Tide.

post-1345-1210061591_thumb.jpg

ps

Sorry the picture is so big - these modern 8mb+ cameras are amazing! but you can see the new wall for loading and the recently made causeway being used. I think there was one of our own forum members very much involved in this job wasn't there!

have a look at this quick image resizer

I walked to the tower just before the event, most people seemed to be sensible and started back before the tide came in bar a group sat on the tower who ignored warnings and didn't seem to care until the last minute. They set off to return to shore at a time I helped 2 kids paddle across, the water was about knee high at that point. By the time they manged to reach the water after pissing about for ages it was a fair bit deeper but most managed to get back across. So it seems what has not been pointed out was she got trapped by sheer stupidity after ignoring the warnings of others. In my opinion she should be charged a fee by the coastguard.

I was out there and got back just before the tide started coming in. It was quite nice to see except of the kids sitting on the one tower drinking and swearing at the top of their voices.

I was out there and got back just before the tide started coming in. It was quite nice to see except of the kids sitting on the one tower drinking and swearing at the top of their voices.

Yeh I think it was one of the afore mentioned dickeads who got stuck, I was about a minute behind you.

Archived