What Small Things Hack You Off More Than They Should Do?

The Reverend

I'd find it insulting that you thought my politness was me in someway pandering to your shallowness.

What politeness?

ahh read the signature now.

/drops it and goes to sleep.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I didn't.

It is quite insulting that they think I am so shallow that I only held the door open for them because I expect a thank you in return.

Off topic (ish)

I spent a week in Bredbury, a suburb of Stockport, and there was a big pub there and I waited obviously too long to hold the door open for a couple of ladies.

Wasn't expecting a thankyou at all. Definately wasn't expecting a shag. What I wasn't expecting was;

Wahhhh yuuuuu kipping dooaaar opppen fu uss,iss thee a puff?

My reply in the most masculine way possible was

err errr errrrrrrrr........ooooooooooohhh an Ambulance has gone past. Quick look!

I'll not be racing back to Bredbury.

I've always be a wow with the laydeez me :rolleyes:

I grew up a couple of miles down the road from Bredbury, which has little to recommend it. It's changed hands and names many times since, but years ago I heard of the ultimate comedy heckle, allegedly at The Warren golf and nighclub there.

Bernard Manning was topping the bill. You never moved a muscle when Bernard was on, as he'd pick on you and you'd become a target for all sorts of ridicule. Well, he'd only been on stage for 10 minutes when a bloke got up from a very visible front table to go to the toilet.

"Where the f$ck do you think YOU'RE going" said Bernard?

"For a piss before the comic comes on" said the blerk. It was one BM hadn't heard before and it threw him to the point he cut the act short that night. Allegedly.

Priceless.

No I didn't.

It is quite insulting that they think I am so shallow that I only held the door open for them because I expect a thank you in return.

But just because they say thankyou it does not mean that is the case.

I do things like not because I expect a thankyou, but because it's polite to.

If I don't receive a thankyou it may irk me, but I don't do it to get one.

I just hate that advert because clearly the slimfast people think they've come up with something that's "hip and cool", whereas it's just incredibly nauseating.

I think someone has already mentioned roadworks signs that stick out into the road but there is now one at the top of Victoria Road reminding motorists that Shoprite is open!!!!

Completely taking the piss and surely illegal.

If I didn't avoid the place anyway I would be doing so now

Some more driving winges.

When you go past tromode, if you are going to turn right to go down towards the cricket club, use the little filter lane so if you have to wait ppl going up to Jonny Wattersons lane can get by you.

Idiots.

It's hardly a filter lane, it's more like a 2 foot wide strip where you'll never get even half a car in.

Dont be daft, I can get my van in the correct postiion and other road users can then safely pass me on the left side rather than me holding everyone up!

When they put out stupid signs on the road!!!! Which are nothing less than a Hazard and an Obstacle to drivers. Case in point: Victoria Road - there is an official Road Sign on the road letting us all know that Shoprite is still open!!!!!

Great stuff!! Why the heck is that on the road? With a cone next to it making it more of an obstacle! If there's a larger vehicle (ie. Van) coming the opposite direction.. you have to wait. Why can't they just put a small notice on the pavement, or tied to a tree... no need for it!!!

Drivers who pull off a junction when you are only metres away, you have to slam the brakes on, they creep along at 15mph and you can guarantee every time you look in the rear view mirror as they just miss your bonnet, there is never anything behind you, why can't they just wait another 10 seconds, particularly when they can see you are not creeping along at 15mph like they choose to.

Tractors who sit out in the middle of the road driving 5 mph and never pull over to let the 50 cars behind them pass, tractor drivers pull over where possible in the U.K. and Ireland, so why can't they do it here and must they insist on doing this at peak times when you are trying to get to work, or on your way home. If you ever give way to them on the narrow country roads, when you know who has the most to lose if you don't, they never, ever acknowledge you, yet tractor drivers do in the U.K. definitely made from a different breed here.

4 x 4 drivers who force you into the verge on narrow country roads, who refuse to get mud on their wheels, do they even know what an off road vehicle is for!!

Passengers on aircrafts who recline their seats 2 minutes after take off, so you spend the whole journey with your nose 10cm from the back of their seat and always seem to have someone behind who continually kicks the back of your seat to be just as annoying.

The DOT who stick a huge sign in the road blocking half the lane to warn you about a small inconvenience further down the road.

They should put a sign before it saying 'Warning FUCKING BIG SIGN IN ROAD'.

On same note.... they never have a sign where the speed reduction ends, and they leave them up long after the work has been completted

On a different note. Using mobiles while driving, pulling out on you then when you tell police (finding out they have just been fined for simular offence) that if you pursue it to court the most that will happen is a £40.00 fine.... what happened to the £500 on the spot that used to be advertised just before the LAW came in.

Thats the worst they are accually breaking a law.

Rant over!

For now!!!

Be careful discussing motoring offences on the forums, especially specific ones.

I found out today that a regular forum member has been banned from here for referring to a certain RTA from 3 or 4 years back. Mind you, he admitted to having been warned on more than one occasion, so no excuse.

Archived