What Small Things Hack You Off More Than They Should Do?

The Reverend

People who forward everything they think is funny or touching or spiritual to everyone else via e-mail. You know the ones, some hippie “be nice to everyone” guff or “I’m glad I’m old” bilge – the message usually ends with something along the lines of:

Pass it to 6 of your good friends, or family and be rich in 4 Days. Pass it to 12 of your good friends or family and be rich in 2 Days.

I am not joking. You will find an unexpected windfall.

If you delete it, you will beg. Trust me!!!

or

FORWARD THIS MANTRA E-MAIL TO AT LEAST 5 PEOPLE AND YOUR LIFE WILL IMPROVE

0-4 people: Your life will improve slightly.

5-9 people: Your life will improve to your liking.

9-14 people: You will have at least 5 wonderful surprises in the next 3 weeks.

15 people & over: Your life will improve drastically and everything you ever dreamed of will begin to take shape.

Do not keep this message. The mantra must leave your hands within 96 hours.

You will get a very pleasant surprise…

Gullible or what ! No problem with people believing in this stuff if they feel the need, just stop passing it on to others who really don’t want to know. Keep it to yourself FFS

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I keep getting those - trouble is they're usually from well-meaning friends who want to establish that I do have a soul or care a damn about them.

I've often thought - who's the beneficiary in these chain e-mail thingies? Facebook seems built on them. I assume it's a conspiracy to slow the internet to a crawl (I love conspiracies - has anyone seen Zeitgeist - the movie?) but who would that benefit.

Please pass this on to ten people (including me) to prove you care, and your next moment of passion will make your head fall off.

Chewing gum.

Posh prats that call everything bizarre. Ordering a Garlic Lamb Bhuna with a few extra chillies in it is not fucking bizarre! Mowing my lawn on a Tuesday is not bizarre.

People who don't indicate on roundabouts.

Vegetarians (Righteous bastids!).

Supermarkets.

Oompah Loompas.

• People who park in disabled spaces when they shouldn't
  • Shop assistants that break off from serving you to answer the phone
  • Shop assistants making banal small talk in an attempt to brighten up *their* day, not mine
  • Car drivers who don't acknowledge you when you let them pass even when it was your right of way
  • People being late and not apologising
  • Grammar / Spelling
  • Americans

Dj's who ruin music by having the volume control on the mixer maxed out at all times which, in turn, makes the music distort all over the place.

Tin pot gods - why do so many people feel the need to make themselves semi-important (to themselves) by telling you "Oh nooooo you cannot do that." ?

Oh have a listen to this (clicky) I really really like it. (Off topic but, I was just listening to it while I was writing the reply & wanted to share it with you)

The DOT who stick a huge sign in the road blocking half the lane to warn you about a small inconvenience further down the road.

They should put a sign before it saying 'Warning FUCKING BIG SIGN IN ROAD'.

:D

That one really get's me too... the signs are the hazard!! And those one's with the '20 mph speed limit' for road works.... do they really expect you to drive at 20mph??? come on! Drop from 50mph on castletown road to 20mph for 20 metres, and back up to 50mph again....

Archived