Cheap Tele's

Co-operator

Been to big co-op in Ramsey, they have 32" flat screen HD tv's on sale for £185. Got mine!!!

Has it got a HDMI PORT?

Edit to add yes they have. I bought one for the xbox 360. At that price it's gotta be worth a try if it's crap I'll watch tele on it.

What's the make/model there chap?

Slim, they are "akura" AV32720-HD.

Googles top answers for 'AV32720-HD' are from www.howtomendit.com

"my akura AV32720-HD has no picture?

my akura AV32720-HD has lots of lines on the screen thare is sound bit the picture is jumping when i ues the menu.can any one help thamks."

"AKURA av32720hd?

Hi,

My tv's warrnenty has now ended and has broken. It has done it 3 times during the 12months warranty period.

The picture just goes completley and gives coloured horizontal lines, this can sometimes go away with a light knock to the top of the unit, other times i have to turn it off for 20 mins and sometimes the picture comes back.

Any ideas on the cause of problem. I have contact Akura and advised i should still be under warranty due to it breaking again everyime following the repair but no joy at yet. "

Googles top answers for 'AV32720-HD' are from www.howtomendit.com

"my akura AV32720-HD has no picture?

my akura AV32720-HD has lots of lines on the screen thare is sound bit the picture is jumping when i ues the menu.can any one help thamks."

"AKURA av32720hd?

Hi,

My tv's warrnenty has now ended and has broken. It has done it 3 times during the 12months warranty period.

The picture just goes completley and gives coloured horizontal lines, this can sometimes go away with a light knock to the top of the unit, other times i have to turn it off for 20 mins and sometimes the picture comes back.

Any ideas on the cause of problem. I have contact Akura and advised i should still be under warranty due to it breaking again everyime following the repair but no joy at yet. "

It wasn't the top answer when I looked but I suppose with lots of people looking it will be now. To be perfectly honest if you put the serial number of any tele in google, it will come up with someone who has had a problem of some sort no matter what tele has been bought and what price has been paid.

The price of these teles are cheap enough to throw them away after a year if they go wrong.

The price of these teles are cheap enough to throw them away after a year if they go wrong.

The National Geographic magazine has been running an interesting series of articles about e-waste, about the casual disposal of consumer electronics.

Will your discarded TV end up in a ditch in Ghana?

Currently, less than 20 percent of e-waste entering the solid waste stream is channeled through companies that advertise themselves as recyclers, though the number is likely to rise as states like California crack down on landfill dumping. Yet recycling, under the current system, is less benign than it sounds. Dropping your old electronic gear off with a recycling company or at a municipal collection point does not guarantee that it will be safely disposed of. While some recyclers process the material with an eye toward minimizing pollution and health risks, many more sell it to brokers who ship it to the developing world, where environmental enforcement is weak. For people in countries on the front end of this arrangement, it's a handy out-of-sight, out-of-mind solution.

To be perfectly honest if you put the serial number of any tele in google, it will come up with someone who has had a problem of some sort no matter what tele has been bought and what price has been paid.

Well I just tried KDL-40W2000 for the Sony Bravia. I gave up after page 10 looking for broken ones. I agree though it is cheap and I guess you get what you pay for. I don't like throwing out TV's after a year though.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't normally by cheap teles either but I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt for the sake of my xbox :).

The National Geographic magazine has been running an interesting series of articles about e-waste, about the casual disposal of consumer electronics.

Will your discarded TV end up in a ditch in Ghana?

Currently, less than 20 percent of e-waste entering the solid waste stream is channeled through companies that advertise themselves as recyclers, though the number is likely to rise as states like California crack down on landfill dumping. Yet recycling, under the current system, is less benign than it sounds. Dropping your old electronic gear off with a recycling company or at a municipal collection point does not guarantee that it will be safely disposed of. While some recyclers process the material with an eye toward minimizing pollution and health risks, many more sell it to brokers who ship it to the developing world, where environmental enforcement is weak. For people in countries on the front end of this arrangement, it's a handy out-of-sight, out-of-mind solution.

Why bring the environment into a discussion about cheap tellies?

Your hippy views have now persuaded me to go up to Ramsey, buy one of these cheap tellies and throw it straight out. Just for the hell of it

Archived